Saturday, October 23, 2010

Autumn Delights

Adelaide + monkey costume + cookie dough =love
One of my favorite Fall/Winter past-times is baking and the season is just beginning, yea!! Forrest really likes helping me make the goodies...measure the flour, pour in the sugar and mix in the chocolate chips.  Addi has designated herself chief test taster, although she's has some tough competition for that role.  Of course, Forrest mostly enjoys helping me so he can reap what we've sown.  Anytime I make muffins Forrest has usually eaten three of them before the batch is even on the table for everyone else, ha ha. This morning, I made Banana-Nut muffins and Forrest literally watched the timer in anticipation.  Its so cute!  I've always loved baking but its a million times more fun now that I have a little fan club :) 

Its also been really satisfying and exciting to see the friendship that is building between Forrest and Adelaide. One of their favorite games is to hide in the curtains in our room and play peek-a-boo together.  Forrest is young at heart and Adelaide loves to be in the middle of all the action, so they're a great little combination.  With Andrew starting Kindergarten, its been nice to see Forrest have a little automony without big brother "suggesting" what he should or shouldn't do all the time, ha ha!

Here they are playing one of the many forts they've requested over the last several weeks. Its amazing how much fun a couple of chairs and a blanket will bring :)

*****

 Last weekend we took a day trip just past Hood River to a pumpkin patch nestled in the foothills of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.  Here is a view of Mt. Hood along the drive. 

My little pumpkin.
She's a good mama.
This was Forrest's reaction when he found out there was a corn maze for kids.  Dan and I decided half the fun of the holidays is getting the kids excited for everything.

I really love these guys! :)
Doesn't Andrew look so grown up here?  The kids loved this pumpkin fun land.  It was such a clever idea to decorate pumpkins in little scenes.

A freshly picked pear brought a good ten minutes of pure joy.  Its the little things in life that bring the sweetest memories :)

Thanks for taking the time to check in with us!

8 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

SO CUTE!!!! You are such a talented photographer, and an amazing mother. Needless to say, I aspire to be half as amazing as you are.

Lesley said...

What a beautiful outing! I bet those family outings are even more special now that Andrew is a school boy! Thanks for sharing!

Jean said...

Heather, I adore all your pictures! You're so good!!! And your kids are so darn cute!!! It looks like you guys are thoroughly enjoying autumn!

Tiff said...

You really do have an amazing eye for capturing candid moments. And that little Adelaide is just about as sweet as they come!

Abbie said...

She is a good little momma!

I'm pretty sure Forrest and I are best friends. We both watch the timer when Heather is baking. I'm so jealous he gets to eat your goodies!

And HEATHER! The photos! Once again - you are amazing! And need to teach me.

Lisa said...

I adore these pictures!! Your kids are so darn cute! And we have that same monkey costume :) Great minds, and all :)

Maggie said...

so fun Heather! I bet Andrew is having an amazing time at school, although probably not as good as being home with the most amazing mom EVER!!! The pictures are adorable!

Megan and Jeremy said...

I agree with all the comments :) And I agree that holidays are 1000 times more fun & exciting with kids around!!! I love seeing your family enjoying the autumn together :)