Thursday, September 16, 2010

Next Stop: Oregon Coast with the Petersons

Near the end of July, Dan's family treated us to a week at the beautiful Oregon Coast!  This trip came at the perfect time for us.  It was so nice to get away from the many decisions we had to make for a week and just relax with family!  The boys absolutely loved the beach house where we stayed and still talk about it!  We loved being there with all of Dan's family!  Its been too long since we've seen everyone altogether.  We had so much fun catching up with everyone and seeing the little cousins play together.  We hope it won't be too long before we can do it again.

Its a little overwhelming going through all our summer pictures.  I hope you don't mind if I let the pictures tell the story this time :)  So without further adieu, our beach trip 2010:
 
This was one of my favorite moments!  Grandma and Andrew walking along the beach together.



It was so funny because the weeks leading up to the beach trip, Dan and I were concerned about how we could keep an eye on our curious little Forrest while on the beach.  He loves to go exploring.  We decided that we'd do a man-on-man defense approach and Dan would stay with him at all times as long as we were on the beach.  We were pleasantly surprised to find how easy it actually was!  All Forrest wanted to do was chase the seagulls and roll in the sand.  It was a breeze!  He is such a cutie! :)





Petersons also invited us all to the Newport aquarium.  It was great!  Here are Dan's beautiful sisters Rebecca and Michelle touching the sea sponges.  It was awesome to see all his sisters again.  The kids miss all their Aunts soooo much!!!
Adelaide, Taylor and Sydney








Andrew flying a kite.  Kite flying landed on the kids' favorite things list.


Amy and Forrest playing together.
Dan and I made this sea monster together. I felt like I was 10 again, it was awesome! :)
Grandpa Peterson ruled the tide pools!  The boys adored being down there with everyone, even though it was sooo cold that day. 

Ahhh! You guys are great!!! We miss you!!!


We love and miss you Grandma and Grandpa Peterson!!!!  Thank you for an unforgettable trip!!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love these pictures! I've never been to the ocean in the Pacific NW. Looks so beautiful! And when did Miss Adelaide grow up so much??? She's looking so big :)

Liz Johnson said...

Gorgeous pics!!! And I can't believe how big your kids are!

Also, that sea monster is amazing. KUDOS.

Jean said...

Wow, it is SO BEAUTIFUL there!! What a great vacation!! Heather, your pictures are always so stunning. I love the picture of Amy and Forrest, and I love the picture of the little girls in their jammies, and I love the picture of Andrew and Forrest next to the fence. It looks like they're working some attitude, hahah!!

Megan and Jeremy said...

I love the pictures Heather-they're gorgeous! Makes me miss Oregon & want to visit (or live...)

Thanks for updating!!!

Lesley said...

What a fun trip! How lovely to be all together, at the coast, sleeping under one roof! And those pictures...! I was just reading my favorite outdoor magazine, and seriously, Heather, those shots BELONG in that magazine. It was so fun to see them. I can't wait to hear more about your summer!

Abbie said...

Beautiful! Oh my, amazing photos, Hea!

Aw, I am craving the Oregon Coast right now. So much fun! We need to come back!

And I loooove Drew's poses - he's such a big kid.

Maggie said...

I have yet to ever see the Oregon Coast...I guess that means I need to schedule a trip out to see you!

Emily Hagen said...

Love all the candid shots, Heather! We loved getting to see you guys so much on that trip...we miss you terribly already! Hope all is going well at your parents house.