
My parents live along the Columbia River in Oregon and literally a few minutes from some of the most beautiful waterfalls I've ever seen. Dan has made a point of taking us out 4-5 times on day hikes in the surrounding areas over the last several weeks. Its been such a wonderful way to spend time as a family just talking, laughing and encouraging each other. Our kids have really taken to hiking. Andrew tells us its now one of his favorite things to do, and Forrest is learning how to keep pace. The first few hikes were very family friendly with a paved trail which allowed me to push Forrest up in our stroller but he's now starting hiking up on his own. Its been a real confidence booster for him to say that he hikes like the big boys. Adelaide does really well in our backpack! She sits quietly the whole trip and only gets restless if we stop for more than a few minutes. The fresh air and scenery is so rejuvenating. We started with the classic hike to top of Multanomah Falls.

A hug that soon turned into a mini wrestling match.
| The picture below is from the top of Multanomah Falls. You can see the drop off where the water plummets 620 feet. |
![]() |
| Wakeena Falls. |
Grandpa Brown (my Dad :) came along for this hike. The boys enjoyed his humor and great conversation.
Aww...I love my Dad! :)
Its hard work being toted up the mountain :) Here's Addi refueling after all that sitting, ha ha!
I spy with my little eye...a chipmunk.
Lemmon's Viewpoint.
![]() |
| Horsetail Falls. |
![]() |
| A view from the cave looking out to a smaller falls. |
A view from the trail.
Needless to say, you can tell that we absolutely love this area. Its very secluded and beautiful. Its amazing to step outside and see the river across the way, and the fall colors changing in the gorge. With still so many unanswered questions about our future, its been a huge blessing to enjoy the richness of the nature around us.
I want to thank each of you that have sent little notes and personal emails to me. It was a very busy month getting settled in here at my parents, so I feel terrible that I didn't respond to every email and note right away. I just want you to know how much it meant to me that you took the time to think of us and write! I'm getting back into the groove of things and will be writing you each back over the course of the next week. Thank you for your never ending love and patience with me! I don't deserve such amazing friends and family! I hope you know how your sincere interest and genuine love have buoyed me up and inspired me to be better :)















10 comments:
The pictures are incredible! Wish it was that gorgeous here! Your kiddos are so cute :)
AMAZING! Those are such gorgeous pictures!!!! And you look fabulous, Hea. I love seeing pictures of you... it makes me miss you slightly, slightly less. :)
Your photos are really amazing Heather! Wow! It helps to have such good looking subjects though, right?
This post makes me miss the Pacific NW. I haven't been to Multnomah Falls since I was in high school oh so many years ago. Its SO beautiful there!
These are such gorgeous pictures! I especially love the last one--it looks like paradise! And I love the thought of you all hiking around together, it just seems so sweet. And you look great! You're such a hot mama :)
Gorgeous pictures Heather! Like I said last time it really makes me want to live there! I'll just have live through you :)
And I love that picture of you-you look sassy :)
Heather the picture of your dad with the two boys is priceless! I love pictures like that! What a wonderful dad (and Uncle) we have! I guess I didn't realize you guys were moving. Keep in touch and let us know where you are!
Much love!
Kim and Kylee
We took our first family hike yesterday and we definitely want to keep this up. I love your pics, as always, Heather!
GORGEOUS seems to be the theme for this post of yours....because it is! You are, your family is, your photography is and everything that is you IS GORGEOUS! I love it.
Heather and Dan,
We came back from Boise and you guys were gone. We are sorry we didn't get to say goodbye. I found your blog from Kate and guess what? I'm using one of your backgrounds on my blog but I had no idea until last Thursday that you were the designers. We hope you are enjoying your new location. I love the George. We miss you.
Michelle and Jon
WOW!! It's SO beautiful!!! I love to hike, and I'm trying to find good hikes around here that Weston would enjoy. (He loves to go out, but rarely wants to turn around and go back! I guess I need to find a loop somewhere!)
I'm really glad that you've had some time to spend time with family and enjoy nature's beauties. I love you guys!!! I know the uncertainty can be painful, but you're definitely making the most of your time, which is wonderful. :-)
Post a Comment