I can't believe Addi is one! How did that happen? Doesn't it seem like she was just born? This last week was filled with mixed emotions for me. Oh, I'm trying really hard not to think about the fact that Addi will never be tiny again. I'm trying not to think about the fact that every day that passes, she grows a little taller, and bit smarter, and sits on my lap a little less and moves herself around a little more. And, how a girl who has an extreme love of everything "Mom" suddenly discovers the word "Hi" and flirts with smiles and waves to every person she sees. Consequently, her separation anxiety is now a beloved trait that I'm not ready to let go of, ha ha. So, while I still see her s.a. lasting through the year, I'm realizing more and more that eventually, it will be missed. A little perspective is always helpful at times like these :)
So, I would never have guessed, a year ago today, how much love a little girl could bring into the world with her. How such a little soul has made such a big footprint on our family. Her happy laugh, her curious mind, her fascination for everything her brothers do, her admiration for Andrew, her friendship with Forrest. I never knew such a little girl could make such a difference in me. The way I see the world. The way I'm more determined than ever to raise our kids to be strong and virtuous. The way I want to improve myself so I have more talents to teach them, a stronger testimony of our Savior to bless them, a more loving heart to listen intently with and to learn from them too. When Adelaide came into this world, she brought a special something with her. A secret sauce of feminine delight and inner tenacity that lights up the world around her and makes me want to be a better
Aww, I love her! And, I'm looking forward to another incredible year with this amazing little person.
Happy Birthday Adelaide!
****
Make sure to tune in tomorrow for another birthday post! We've been busy around here! :)
****
And here's a little peak into a few of the fun birthday preparations I've been making for Addi's portion of the combined birthday party...
My cousin Wendi drew the dancers that I used to design some fun little party favors with, ah I love 'em! More to come about my party projects a little later next week! :)





10 comments:
How? How is she one? And I haven't even met her! I have to meet this little lady soon!
What a beautiful tribute, Hea. She is so blessed to have such an amazing woman for her mother!
Can't wait for all the party details!
Happy Birthday Addi! What a sweet little tribute to her. I feel the same way about my Grace. There is something about a baby girl that just makes home life a little sweeter. Enjoy the festivities!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADELAIDE! She is so beautiful! I agree with Abbie - she is so blessed to have such an amazing mother! I can't wait to see what her second year has to bring!
Ok, those pictures! They're incredible! And she is a stunning and adorable subject.
And you are a sweet mommy, actually enjoying her separation anxiety... leave it to you to see good in some of the most annoying things. I admire you.
OH MY GOODNESS!!! She is absolutely beautiful! I don't think you could take any more beautiful photos! I have got to know what kind of camera and editing program you use!
Happy Birthday Addi! Hope your 1st birthday party is full of giggles and memories for mom! I love the ballerina Wendi did! Funny enough, I just asked her for a ballerina stamp too! ;) She is so talented!
Thank you for the darling post and for letting us be a part of your celebration!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ADDI!!! Yaaaaaay! Heather, these pictures are GORGEOUS! She is so beautiful! You are such a great writer. Every time you write about your children, I feel like I am actually getting to know them and getting to understand them. Everything that you wrote about Addi is so sweet! What a wonderful little one! I'm glad you're trying to keep her growing in perspective - you're right, I think we're really going to miss these tough young years when they're over!
I hope Addi has a wonderful birthday!! It looks like she has a lot of special fun in store for her! I can't wait to hear about it!
She is SO gorgeous. Look at those EYES!!! She is just drop dead gorgeous. And she's one! How did a year go by so quickly?? It's just crazy. Happy (late) Birthday, little one!
I can't believe Addi is a whole year old! Seems like you were just preggo with her, doesn't it?! I'm so glad you have such a sweet little girl to call your own & she's so lucky to have such an awesome Momma! She really is the cutest thing EVER! Hope the party was a blast..
She really IS a little lady! I love those pictures of her. Those gorgeous eyes, that demure little air about her... I love it! I bet people melt and wrap themselves instantly around her finger with her new arsenal of "hi" and waving!
How I wish I could have attended her party with those adorable pink flowers you made! HOW GIRLY AND FUN!
I just love your little family. Happy birthday week!
OK, SO BEAUTIFUL. She makes my heart melt. You have the best of both worlds there! I love all the girliness...LOVE IT!
Post a Comment