Sunday, March 07, 2010

Walking with Dinosaurs

Last weekend was a dream come true for our boys!  My parents treated Dan, Forrest and Andrew to day out to the Rose Garden to watch Walking with Dinosaurs. This was a fantastic, realistic display of the different ages of dinosaurs!  The boys were in heaven eating popcorn, drinking soda and watching in awe as these life-like creatures roared, roamed and chased each other.

Drew and Forrest had so much fun, they couldn't stop talking about it all week!  Dinosaurs once again became the highlight of every plot line, including cleaning out the doll house furniture and filling the house with toy dinosaurs instead. Grandma Peterson will be happy to know that the boys still cherish the dinosaurs she bought for them!  :)  Even the boys' Playmobil pirates ran into a few dinosaurs in their adventures on the high seas :P 

Thanks again Mom and Dad for sponsoring such a fun outing!!  That was sooo nice of  you!!!  And thanks for sending us the pictures Dad...now the boys have a way to re-live the action over and over again! :)

6 comments:

Jean said...

That is AWESOME!!! Tim and I have heard about this show, and we are dying to go sometime!!! It looks absolutely amazing! I'm not surprised at all that they're obsessed with dinosaurs now! What a great outing!!

Kristen said...

Wow! That looks super cool. The ultimate little boys show!

Lisa said...

I couldn't think of a better outing for two little boys. How cute! I've never heard of this Walking with Dinosaurs thing.

Maggie said...

Ho fun for them to go on such an outing with Grandpa and Dad! I love it. Danielle and Travis both love dinosaurs, we go to the science museum in Houston often and just walk around roaring at all their dinosaur displays. Dani sometimes breaks the rules and climbs up a display to pretend the dinosaur is eating her head. I am amazed at how this little kids know the names of these different dinosaurs! I totally miss you, I am actually thinking of taking a road trip to Washington this year, if I do, I will definately make a pit stop to your home!!!!

The Kammeyers said...

Very cool indeed! Aaron & I aren't exactly kids ourselves, but we were seriously contemplating going to the show ourselves - we've heard it's WAY good! (Eventually, we decided on tickets for the Stars on Ice show). :) Glad the boys were able to have a good time!

Liz Johnson said...

AWESOME! You should come visit us... the Indy children's museum has a massive dinosaur exhibit right now. :)