Monday, February 22, 2010

Day Trip to Portland







Spring Fever!  Oh, we've got it bad :)  It was sunny on Saturday morning when we woke up so Dan motivated all of us to get up, get dressed and get out for some fresh air.  We loaded up the littles and headed to Portland for the day!  It was refreshing to have a change of scenery, although it ended up being colder than we thought it would be :P  Looks like it was a little wishful thinking to dress for Spring weather, ha ha!  Luckily, we packed the coats just in case :)

We bought fresh bagels and took them to the park where the boys had a blast having a pine cone fight with Dan.  They ended up playing a chase game around the statue (as you can see from the picture) that was pretty entertaining to watch.

Then we headed over to Powell's Books! Oh my, the books!!!  The kids were in heaven! We had a lot of fun sitting and reading with them. 

Then we road the trolley train (which the boys loved!) and got pizza for lunch.  After walking around the city all morning, the boys were hungry!  After we ate, we headed home.  It was pretty tiring managing all the kids on an outing like that, but I'm sure glad we did it.  We've lived in Oregon for a few years now and have only been to downtown Portland a handful of times.  It supposed to start raining again this week so I'm glad we got out while we could :) 

10 comments:

Jean said...

Heather, these pictures and graphics are SO GOOD!! You are so talented!! I love opening your blog to see what visual delights it holds!! I'm so glad you guys had a nice day in Portland. That sounds like the perfect day-trip! Oh, I could spend hours in a bookstore. And that pizza looks delish!!

Lisa said...

How fun! I'm sure the boys loved having some time outside, even if it was freezing cold. Jonathan asks me to go outside about 20 times a day!

And seriously, once again, your pictures are amazing!! Where did you get all of this photographic talent?

Arianne said...

How fun, sounds like a great Saturday! I heart your giant letters!

Kristen said...

Sounds like such a fun day! I love that the boys had a pine cone fight! ;)
Your kids are so lucky to have their childhood documented by a professional photographer! I can't wait to see each of your posts!

D and Brit said...

Heather, I think I need some photography lessons from you and Abbie! You guys have such a natural talent it seems like!

Your kids are so cute, too. I love the stories you have about them. I really like the games you mentions, I may try a few of them!

Liz Johnson said...

FUN!!!! I'm so jealous!

The Qian Family said...

Sounds like an awesome outing, Heather. You guys are so fun! I know what you mean about spring fever---I'm so excited for the sun to come out. HOpefully soon :)

Sherrie said...

Hea - you hit the mark with the pics once again! I love everything that you're putting on the blog - I think it's very inspired. Hope to see you tomorrow.

Love Mom

Marisa said...

What a fun day! That's so nice to be able to spend a whole day as a family. I bet your boys and little Adelaide loved it!
BTW - your pictures are amazing!!

Abbie said...

FUN! Love the pictures! I want o hang out with the Petersons in Portland and eat pizza in the park!!! And I would love a bagel too.