Monday, February 08, 2010

Fun Surprise!

On Friday night Dan came home from work with an awesome surprise!  He brought in a mysterious box.  I had no idea what to expect.  Maybe a gift basket or some homemade goodies from his co-workers?  As I was guessing what it could be he pulled out a Wii!  His work gave him a free Wii!!!  They needed him to help with some testing and we get to keep it!!! Um, yeah I was excited!  :)

We bought another controller and the Wii Resort and spent most of the weekend playing table tennis, bowling, canoeing, wake boarding and the boys' favorite swordplay.  Some of those games give you a pretty good workout actually, like the three point shoot out.  I was kind of tired after the tenth time.  I think its time to start working out again :P  Dan rocked the table tennis.  I, on the other hand have a hard time getting past level 200...ha ha...I'm not the competitive type but it was really fun!!!

On Saturday my parents were SO NICE and watched the kids for three hours so Dan and I could go see Avatar in the 3D IMAX theater. It was awesome!

Getting babysitting is always a treat but considering we've ever only been on one date without Addi since she was born...it was incredible!  Addi is bit on the needy side :P  She doesn't take a bottle and doesn't like to be away from me for very long.  She's usually a pretty happy little bebe but when she gets grumpy, she's not so fun to be around.  My parents are seasoned pros though and made the very best of it. I can't tell you how reassuring it was to have my mom say, "she's going to cry and we're totally fine with it.  Go have fun!"  It almost made me cry, in a good way :)  We haven't gotten babysitting because we don't want to burden anyone with a fussy baby. The thought of paying a YW in the ward to watch three kids, one of which cries for most of the time we're gone has been pretty stressful.  Has anyone else had a baby with seperation anxiety?  It goes away right?  Eeeks.  Getting out without the kids was such a nice break. Thanks again Mom and Dad!  Avatar was definitely worth watching in the IMAX!  I'm so glad Dan kept encouraging me to see it with him.

Oh, one more thing about the Wii...when I get a chance I'll have to take a picture of our Mii characters.  Those are the little characters that you make of yourself.  The boys created their own and they are hilarious.  All of us chipped in to make one of Addi too and its pretty good.  PS While I was writing this lil post, Addi got into a bag of Oreos and is happily eating one. I just found her taking a bite out of one with a huge smile on her face.  I'm not even sure how she found them but I'm going to guess Forrest had something to do with it :P

9 comments:

Lesley said...

What your mom said about Addi crying is just PERFECT! I wanted to cry in a good way too when I read that. That is a mamma who totally gets it!

Hooray for a date night, and hip-hip-hooray for a Wii! That is so awesome! I can't wait to see your Miis! I didn't even know those existed.

Lisa said...

Hooray for a Wii!! They are so much fun :) I would love to see your Miis :) :)

I love your parents!! You are so right--it's so hard to have a babysitter when you feel like your baby will cry the whole time. And I just love what your mom said! That makes me so happy, too. And I'm so glad that you got some alone time--isn't it so rejuvenating? LOVE IT.

Jean said...

YAAAAAAAY!!! A FREE WII?!!! That is awesome!!! Hooray for work perks, right?!! Oh, that sounds like so much fun. I wish the Andersons and the Petersons could get together for some Wii action. :-)

And double-hooray for the Avatar date night!! That is so great!! It's always so hard to go out when you have a baby at home, but it's so worth it, too!! Your parents rock!!

(PS - Haha! I love the anecdote about Addi. I would probably be right there with her, nibbling Oreos and sitting on the floor. hehe!)

Wendi said...

The free wii is way cool. That's amazing. And a date night is even better! Thats so great that your parents are so great about watching the kids.

Liz Johnson said...

AWESOME! I love playing Wii!! And I love Addi's Oreo sneaking... that is awesome. Forrest was just helping her out with the finer things in life. :)

JonathanJeni said...

My first had horrible separation anxiety, cried loudly in the nursery for a whole year if he would stay. I say had because around the time that he was potty trainied he learned that becomeing more independent was exciting and thrilling. I never thought he would grow out of it but he has made great strides. I know how it is to always feel as though you are burdening others with your needy child, this is why my husband and I rarely get out, but I assure you it is worth it.

Abbie said...

A Wii?!?!!! They gave you a Wii?!!? That is awesome!! Can I come over and play?

Eli was the same way. It was so nice to live by family when he was tiny becuase I knew gma Connie would be just fine if Eli cried the whole time. And yes! He out grew it. Now he is great for babysitters. And now we do babysitting swaps so I know I'm leaving him with a friend that has kids and knows how to deal. It's awesome. Hang in there! Ms Addi will be fine soon enough. But it is so hard to get away with our boyfriends, right?

And the Oreos!! Addi and I would get along great. :)

hilary w said...

That is so awesome! I am kind of against having gaming systems in our house, but we have a Wii and LOVE it! I would also suggest getting the Mario Kart Wii. Jack can play it all by himself now it's so cute to watch!

Hooray for grandparents so we can have dates!

Maggie said...

So I love the Wii, you need to get Mariokart I think and then we can link up and play each other online! I know, I am a nerd, but we play with my sisters and it is funny. Anyways, my Travis who is 19months old now still has serious separation anxiety and has from infantry! But I have left him with some YW and paid them graciously and warned them, they actually handle it well and the last time he cried for 30 minutes and then went to sleep(probably depressed...just kidding) I actually did it on purpose so that I coudl prep him for nursery which he screamed about but its been a month and he goes in ok now! So you are doing great! AND, it will go away, I hope ! Seriously email and I will get your wii numbers, I want to play mariokart with you!