
First of all...thank you! for all your thoughtful comments and encouragement on my last post!! You could say I read your comments a few times, or like a bazillion :) Really though, I have no idea what I'm doing with photography! So, reading your comments made me really happy. Thank you so much for those!! I thought I'd share a few tidbits from our week :)
Addi: In our little family Addi is the feather-weight. At her 9mo check up this week she was in the 10-25% for weight. She was in the 50-75% for height and the 75-90% for
brain head size. Big head. Its so cute :) Dan represented at the Doctors. He took Adelaide for her shots thus allowing me to avoid the knot in my stomach feeling all day that I usually get when I have to see our kids get poked by needles. So, I made him his favorite cookies, chocolate! They didn't last very long around here ;)


Forrest: This kid continues to make us laugh. Last week Dan bought the boys an Egyptian Playmobil set. They really like it. So last Friday, the boys watched the Prince of Egypt for their Fun Friday movie. (Have you seen that movie lately? Its sooo good!!! I forgot how good it is. I teared up a couple of times. I love the reminder of
faith! ) Forrest LOVES it! So later that night, he insisted on a history book for their bedtime story. I had to get a little creative with the storyline :) The book has ancient ruins and artifacts and he learned the word cartouche. He walked around all last week saying, "Cartouche. Cartouche." He loved the hieroglyphics and would open his eyes wide like the Egyptian drawings as he talked about the wall murals in the pyramids. The cutest thing he did though was, I found him on the floor looking, kissing and talking to Addi. I asked him what he was up to. He said he found baby Moses. He said that Baby Moses had come up out of his basket and Forrest had found him and was taking care of him. When I started laughing he leaned down and gave Addi a kiss. It was pretty good. Ah, love that kid.
That brings us to Andrew: He's on a kick too...mid-evil knights! He eats this stuff up. He loves building castles and setting up his playmobil knights all over the castle. When I sit down to play with him, he can't stop smiling. The combination of my undivided attention with his favorite thing to do makes him beyond happy. Sometimes though, my mind runs dry on ideas. I think, "How did I do this for so long when I was little?" My cousins Wendi, Marcus and I could play literally ALL day and be completely LOST in our own little world. And now I struggle to play for more than 10-20 minutes without running dry on things to say. I'm working on it. I realized college is good for SO many reasons but I think I miss my imagination. I kind of lost it somewhere in all those 10 page papers.
Playmobil was my childhood bread and butter!!! One of the coolest things about it is that each of the different characters can carry and wear different items. You can get all kinds of sets and the accessories are all interchangeable and compatible with the other sets. (
There are usually some little pieces which I just bag as soon as we open them for the kids to have when Adelaide is older). Its been awesome for Andrew and Forrest because they love to "customize" the people. I think Dan taught them that word one time and they use it all the time now. Look Mom, I "customized" this guy! Ha ha!! Anyway, today's Fun Friday movie is Disney's classic: Sword in the Stone. We watched a teaser clip on You Tube to get them excited about it. Lets just say that there are two happy little boys anticipating that one! :)
Hmmm...still working on the mini-post concept ;) ha ha! Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!!
9 comments:
What a fun post! Now I want some chocolate cookies :) Jonathan has a monster head (BRAIN) as well :)
And I absolutely LOVE that picture with the queen with the sword and shield. It's especially funny that the king's face looks sort of unsure. :) Too funny!
Awww I love it! I love how happy Andrew gets when you play with him... Connor does the same thing.
And I almost ate my computer screen when I saw those cookies. YUM.
I am loving your "daily life" posts. It is great to hear from you more frequently!
Your kids are so cool. I LOVED the story of "baby moses!" You son reenacted a BIBLE STORY! That is so cool!
I could really relate to what you said about getting on the floor to play but running dry on imagination! I thought that you, the fun mom that you are, would not have that problem like I do! It's comforting to know that! And it is good that we have a scapegoat too -- those awful 10-page papers!
Heather, these pictures are adorable!! I am so impressed with your children!! They are all so sweet and creative and fun!! I know what you mean about feeling like your imagination is lost sometimes... I feel the same way! But I know that if your kids are as imaginative as they are, then they're getting a lot of good help from their momma!! :-)
Wow, Heather! Our boys would LOVE playing together. We use Lego guys to "customize" and my Cayden loves it when other kids like to do what he does. You're Addi is SUCH a cutie! I also love your idea of Fun Friday movies...I need to get some scheduled fun in during the week for my kiddos! You look fantastic, by the way. You're hair is so long and Dark! I love it! Can't wait to hear from you each week...you inspire me to be a better blogger myself!
You are so awesome! I love reading your blog :) We love Prince of Egypt around here too---it a regular for our kids. And I agree---it teaches us all good lessons about FAITH!
Those cookies! Yum! Heather, no matter how hard I try my cookies can not top yours. I need all the recipe for every cookie Heather has ever made!
Addi is a doll and it is ALL brain!
Your boys are so cute! That is amazing!! Can we come over and play? Wow!
I love this post! More just like it, please?!?!
I loved the detail about the queen having the sword--I would've laughed out loud if my kids weren't sleeping.
Your kids are growing up so fast!
I love your posts, Heather! It's so fun to feel like I'm looking in your living room window and seeing what you all are up to. I miss you guys so much! Taylor has the cutest cousins ever!
Post a Comment