Wednesday, January 13, 2010

To Grandmother's house we go...

My brother Trent, his wife Lauri, and their adorable daughter Codi Rose came to Oregon to visit and help out with my Mom's recovery. We had a chance to visit them for a little while. This is the view from my parents' yard. Its just gorgeous. They live near Hood River, literally a few minutes from several well known waterfalls. Its always so relaxing to be there with them in such a scenic setting.
The last time I saw Codi Rose, she was only 9 months old. Isn't it so hard to live so far away from our nieces and nephews? They grow up so fast! Codi was Addy's age last time I saw her and now she is a little girl. Since she doesn't remember me, I wasn't sure what her reaction would be. But when she saw me, Codi came right over to me and gave me a giant hug. That was it! I was totally in love with her. Any chance I had, I talked with her and sat with her. She is a sweetie! As soon as she met baby Addy, she started giving her hugs and kisses.
Here's Addy showing off her new trick. She loves clapping! Anytime someone starts clapping, she'll join in and start "cheering" too which is really a loud babble.
The cousins goofing around on the stairs with some of Grandma's "get well" balloons.

My brother Trent, in one of his few appearances on our blog. Sadly, we just don't get to see them very often. Trent and Lauri live in Montana where Lauri works. She has a masters in Biology and works for the Montana Fish and Game department. They are BIG into the outdoors and wild life. That is an understatement. :) Trent is also a lifesaver. When my brother, Nathan, was 19 years old Nate was diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia (like Leukemia) a disease the attacks the body's immune system. My brother, Trent, 17 years old at the time donated his bone marrow to Nathan and saved his life. My siblings are incredible.
Here's his beautiful wife Lauri and Codi leading us on a little trek through the woods behind my Mom and Dad's house. Codi was fearless, trudging through the forest. Codi ran and ran and ran. She LOVED being outside. All I know, is she came to the right family!
Drew found a stick and wanted me to take a picture of him with it. He looks waaaay to grown up in that picture.
Grandma reading a story to the grand kids. My Mom's recovery has been amazing!
And a random story...While I was getting ready for church on Sunday, I got shampoo in my left eye (the one I can't close all the way). It hurt so bad, I cried. My left eye was red and swollen. It hurt if it was open, it hurt if it was closed. So, I mostly slept. When Dan and the boys came home from church, I was so happy to see them that I told them I wanted to take a picture. Andrew gave Forrest a hug from behind. So funny :)

7 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

CUTE! That last picture is especially adorable. I'm so glad that your mom is doing well. And you have some of the cutest kids on this planet. Seriously, they re so adorable!!

And I'm not sure I'll ever get over Drew's hair being so dark!!! I'll always think of him as a little tow-head. :)

Emily said...

I'm with Liz, that last picture is SO precious. Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog Heather. You are such a wonderful person who I was privileged to visit teach with!

hilary w said...

That's so great you got to see your niece. I am aching to see my two nieces right now! I'm sorry to hear about your eye. That sounds awful!!! Are you feeling better?

Lisa said...

Your kids are just too darn CUTE!!! Oh man, that last picture with the boys, and then that picture of Adelaide clapping--you really make some cute kids!

Jean said...

Awww, what a great visit!! Your mom looks GREAT!! I'm glad you got to enjoy the family time. All the kids are so adorable!! It definitely runs in the family!

Abbie said...

You have such an amazing family, Hea! Oh my goodness! And you are so amazing - genetics! I love seeing pictures of your siblings. I feel like I know them well.

I'm so glad your moms recovery is going well. She looks so good.

AND your kids are so so so so CUTE!!! AHHH!! I love them! I want to come clap with Addy. She is so adorable! I feel the same way about your kids - every time you post pictures, I think they look so much bigger and how much I miss them. Why do we have to live so far away?!?!

Wendi said...

My mom watched Codi when Trent and Laurie were in the Tri-cities once attending a wedding (Codi was about 1). My mom said she was climbing on EVERYTHING, up on cupboards and high places--she was fearless. She said Codi reminded her a lot of you, Heather. I thought that was a funny story.