As far as my birthday is concerned...Dan gets an A++. Let the last week be declared birthday week. Without completely divulging all of the gushy and embarrassing (to him) details...I will say that he treated me like royalty. The nature of his work is he doesn't get much time off. He took almost the entire week off...FOR ME! Did he lounge around reading books and watching football...nope. He definitely deserved to. But instead, he spent the WHOLE week spoiling me...day after day. I kept wondering how I got so lucky??
On the menu: He made me breakfast every morning. And it was really good!!!! This particular sampling reminded me of Magelby's in Provo. Do you remember that all you can eat French Toast they have? Um, its amazing. He'll regret doing it though because now he's on the hook for making all the french toast around here :)
Since my birthday fell on Sunday this year, Dan took us all out to Bridgeport for a day/evening out. They still had all the holiday decor up so it made for a festive get-away.
We browsed Borders. The boys spent most of their time reading Christmas books on clearance. I think they are feeling as reluctant as I am to admit that Christmas is over.
Forrest found this tiger at Good Night Room. It was love at first sight.
The boys burned a lot of energy playing at the playground. This particular playground is kind of odd in that it doesn't have typical stairs for the kids to climb, or even a ladder. They have to Indiana Jones their way up a chain ladder. Parents take turns lifting their kids up to the top. I'm thinking whoever designed it, didn't do so with kids in mind. Even the older kids were asking for help. It was kind of funny. But, at least the boys (and Dan and I) got a lot of exercise, a good way to start the new year.
Addy got to ride in style. We love our baby backpack. That has become another member of our family. We take it everywhere. Adelaide loves being perched high on Dan's back and being able to see everything. She rarely makes a peep. She just looks around contently. Its extremely convenient. Its light-weight, and frees up our hands, plus we don't have haul a stroller around everywhere, which can be difficult in stores, etc. It makes little outings like this one so much easier :)
I took this picture of Drew while we waited for our Italian style birthday treat (pictured below). Looking at this picture makes me realize that I need to post more about Andrew...the incredibly clever things he says and the creative designs and projects he immerses himself into everyday. He just amazes me with his ingenuity. Santa was very generous this year and gifted the boys with A LOT of Playmobil. Between their new Playmobil and the Trio castle the Petersons generously gave them, the boys have had many more hours of creative play. I love listening to their little voices talking to each other.So, back to birthday...
Gelato! Delicious.
Having a sweet little girl for this birthday made 31 feel good.
Thank you soooo much everyone for the thoughtful birthday wishes over the last several days! With my birthday falling on a Sunday, just after the holidays, I wasn't expecting anyone to remember. I was surprised and overwhelmed with your kindness in remembering me! Thank you soo much!!!I especially need to thank my Heavenly Father for a wonderful husband. Dan is incredible! I don't deserve him. He is the best friend and sweetest companion I could of ever hoped for.
I also wanted to give an update on my Mom and sisters' recovery as well as express my gratitude to all of you who have been inquiring about them. The recovery has been remarkably smooth. My Mom's new kidney is working at what one doctor called, "the level of a twenty year old." Rachelle's final check up is tomorrow, and if all is well then she can return home to her own family. Thank you for all your love, thoughts and prayers! I also wanted to give a special shout out to my brother Nathan and my Aunt Nancy and Uncle Craig for spending a whole week with my parents and sister helping in their recovery and keeping them laughing. They all expressed to me how much they enjoyed your visits. You are wonderful!
12 comments:
Happy Happy Birthday, Heather dear! It sounds like the ideal birthday in every way-- and a whole week of it at that! Way to go Dan!
AND OH MY HEAVENS! Those pictures you posted were incredible! I can't believe how beautifully they captured your children's perfect faces. I LOVE the aged-looking ones of Adeliade. So soft and light. And those eyelashes! Whoa!
I love your hair that length. It looks so silky!
PPS: The part you wrote about your moms earrings and clicking heels brought me back to memories of my own mom getting ready for the day. Fun. Thanks!
I also loved the pictures of your kiddos, especially those sweet faced ones of Addy.
And happy birthday! I wish that we lived closer to each other and could enjoy each other as our families grow and our husbands blossom. It makes me so satisfied to see that your life is pieced together by positive people and experiences and situations that I have always felt that you deserved in every way.
As my Japanese companion used to say, "your happy is my happy".
Love you Heather!
Happy Birthday! What a fun week! I love reading about your cute family. The pictures are awesome that you captured of the kids. And Heather you look so beautiful in your picture with your cake! I am happy that your mom and sister are doing well. We'll pray that your sister can come home soon!
Gorgeous pics, ESPECIALLY the one of you!! Holy moly, I don't get to see enough of you, girl!! You are so gorgeous!! I can't wait until I see you again so that I can give you a big, fat hug. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this post! "check on getting some heels", hahaha :) I am so glad you got spoiled for your birthday--you deserve it! (And kudos to Dan!) And your kids... are so. CUTE!
What an awesome birthday week! I'm so glad Dan spoiled you...you deserve it! You manage to raise three adorable children with ease. Addy is so cute! I love the big bow headband in her hair.
Yaaaaaaaaay, the birthday update!!!! Happy birthday (again), Heather!! Wow, what a special week. That French toast breakfast looks divine, and that gelato - yum!! I'm glad you got spoiled and had so much fun with the family. I love these pictures!! Your children are so precious!! And I LOVE Addy's little outfit. What a sweetie she is. You make adorable children, Heather!!
I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well with your family members and the surgeries. That's great news!!!!
I agree--these pictures are beautiful. Are the ones of Addie professional? I love them.
Your hair looks awesome! You don't look thirty-one. Not even close.
Don't you feel so behind where your parents were at your age? My mom had a four kids by the time she was my age. Crazy.
We need a backpack. I'm going to be calling for a recommendation.
Happy (Belated) Birthday!
Happy Birthday Heather!!! Oh how I miss the Peterson family. Oh how our entire family misses the Petersons. I loved all of these pictures! You are such a beautiful clan. What a fantastic birthday week! Hope your holidays were fabulous too and We really hope to see you guys soon...
Happy late birthday! You deserve to have the best birthday. You look great! I don't think I have any heels either...I turn 30 in June so maybe I should look into getting some too. :) Your kids are so adorable and I'm glad that we have blogs so that I can hear about what you're doing and see your beautiful family!
Heather I just love reading your blog! It's become one of my favorites because its always so happy and fun! Filled with so much love! You are such a great mom (like most of the Brown women) I am so lucky to have so many great examples in my own family!
Happy Belated birthday! I read this to my dad and Dustin and they said, "Hey tell Dan to quit making us look bad!" ha ha ha! Thank you for sharing your pictures and memories!
This is too little too late. But HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I love you! And I'm so glad you had a great birthday. You deserve to be treated like a queen!
And again, your babes are so CUTE!!!
PS your pictures look so good! Beautiful!
Post a Comment