Thank you for all the well wishes and comments about our baby girl on the way!!! We have the BEST family and friends in the world!!!!
I thought it was about time for another update :)
The weekend after Valentines Day, my Dad took Dan and the boys to an awesome look-out point near the Portland airport to watch the planes take off. The boys were in high heaven watching the planes "Blast Off!!" as Forrest exclaimed every single time :)

Here's my Dad explaining to Drew the how the plane prepares for take off.

According to Dan, these boys just ate this whole experience up!!! They were loving every second of being with Grandpa and his dog! They also could not get enough exclusive time with their daddy and all the fresh air little boys can handle!


Grandpa Brown is always coming up with such fun things to do with the boys!

Here's Dan and the boys waving to the planes. The boys really thought the planes could see them :)

Another view from where they were.

Last week, I cut out some shapes for a couple of different Math activities with the boys. Andrew insisted on using the shapes to create a road for his cars. This became the event of the morning. His road extended all the way down the hallway to the living room. Its so funny to see how everything translates to something to do with cars.

Dan has been very busy! Between his early morning routine, work and his church calling, he stays incredibly active. He is just amazing!! He's started taking the boys on Father and Sons one-on-one outings on Saturday mornings to get more time with each of them. This last Saturday he took Drew to McD's to eat breakfast and talk. They even brought some pancakes home for Forrest and I. Too CUTE!!! Every single time Dan does something special with them, its all the boys can talk about for days afterward.

The week after Valentines, we finally took the plunge and got Drew to sleep in his bunk bed. We've tried many times before, but he was too scared. We wanted it to be a cool, fun thing for him so we waited it out. He couldn't sleep in the same room with Forrest because Forrest would always wake him up to play. :P So, Drew slept in our room, on his mattress, on the floor. He is a wonderful little sleeper! With the new little one on the way we were feeling like it was time to try again. We tried to created "the Axiom" from the Wall-e- movie for him. He was reluctant at first, but slept there and now sleeps there every night! Its awesome because the boys are in the same room but Drew is up high where little brother can't reach him. Its been great to have our room back, at least for a few more weeks before we have another little one joining us :)

This was a fun morning project for the boys and I. I love hearing Andrew's appreciation and excitement when I help them put a track together. He'll tell me things like, "Mom, you are a smart girl. You make cool tracks," and "Good job Mommy!" He's come up with some pretty incredible combinations himself! I love seeing what he and Forrest put together!
Now for a pregnancy update :) I had an appointment yesterday, and it looks like our little girl has turned head down!! YEA! I'm super excited about it but still a little nervous that she'll flip back again. My doctor says usually with first time moms, babies will stay head down until birth but second, third, fourth, etc time moms have more room so there's always the possibility of her flipping again. I've been doing a lot of encouraging along the way. My doctor gave me some midwifery techniques to help her get/stay head down so I've been trying those :) I'm not sure if they have any effect but it doesn't hurt to try, right?
I haven't blogged a ton during this pregnancy, so I thought I'd share some of my pregnancy must haves this time around! :D
Prenatal Yoga with Shiva Rea!! Love it!! I've been enjoying this several times a week for the last couple of months. I can only finish a couple of the segments at a time, but every little bit helps me unwind and feel energized :)

One constant with all my pregnancies has been major cravings for chocolate milk. This time around is no different! Its so funny and predictable.

Huge thanks to Abbie for lending me her copy of Hypnobirthing!!! I'll probably be buying my own copy I love it so much!!! I know the name sounds a little different, but I absolutely love this book!! It has so many wonderful techniques and ideas for handling anxiety, stress, fear, etc and replacing those feelings with peace, calm and confidence. Listening to the cd has become one of my favorite ways to relax. Very awesome!!

I had a major craving for Vitarain a few weeks ago that wouldn't go away. We bought some at Costco and I can't get enough!! A very refreshing alternative to soda or juice. Good stuff!

Those are just a few of the items packed in my pregnancy survival pack this time around :D I've been feeling pretty good. I've actually had a couple days of vertigo that took me by surprise, but after talking to my doctor, I'm not too worried about it. Its just annoying when I have to lay down because the room seems to be spinning.
Thanks for taking the time to read all this :) I'll keep you posted on how things are going!
16 comments:
CUTE! I love the trains and the road and the BUNK BEDS! I am so jealous! I can't wait to put my boys in bunk beds. :) And that train track is AMAZING. I'm so glad that you guys are doing well! You are getting SO CLOSE!!! I'm sending happy labor vibes your way. :) I love you Hea!
Great pictures!! Wow, those boys have so much fun with you guys!! I love the trip to the airport, and the train tracks, and the yummy breakfast outings! You always give me great ideas! THANKS!
Also, hooray for your little nugget and her head down! That's great!! Hopefully it stays that way. These pregnancy tips are great! I really need to check out hypnobirthing - I keep hearing such great things about it!
Yea! You are getting so close!
I love reading your updates! Your boys are so lucky to have such loving and wonderful parents!!
Wow, I have so much to say! Let's see...
That plane idea is so awesome. I can't imagine anything better for little boys. I would've never thought of something like that!
That is so neat how Dan tries to have one-on-one time with the boys. I bet they just love that time so much. You can see it on Drew's face in the picture :)
My mom LOVES that Vita Rain stuff--she swears that it gives her more energy when she exercises.
I can't wait to see your little girl (who will hopefully stay head down!). I just think that you guys are such a cool family. Can you move closer so that I can be cool by association? Thanks :)
Aaron and I would always go watch planes there when we lived in Portland! It's a great spot! :) Great post, Heather! Thanks for the tips & everything! :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!
~Lauren
Wow! Thanks for the update! That was awesome. I love the bunk beds - so fun. I also love how all boys love cars. So cute. And I love all the pregnancy stuff. What a great update!
That was so fun to read Heather! IT's fun to see what people need to get them through a pregnancy :)
That is great Drew and Forrest are sharing a room and that it's going well-that gives me hope for the future :)
PS Great idea Grandpa Brown! I should do that with our boys
Such fun family outings! Your Dad has always been Mr. Fun with great activities. I still remember how you met Arnold Schwartenager...little did you know he would be the Governator of CA! How funny. Anyways, I loved all the stories and pictures. You are a good Momma! I decided after we are all done having babies or somewhere in between we both need to get in shape and go do the Alumni race back at Richland. I think it would be a blast! Miss you!
Oh my goodness! I almost started crying when I read about Dan's Saturday morning outings with the boys--so sweet! My dad used to do "Daddy Daughter dates" just like that with us and it is still one of my favorite things from childhood.
Glad to hear you are doing well with the pregnancy. I can't wait to meet your little girl!
Aw, Heather! I miss you so much! I wish I was there to take care of the boys while you rest! I miss babysitting them! It's hard to help from 12 hours way!
That is so sweet that Dan is doing Father and Son activities with the boys! Andrew sure is growing up! He is getting so big! And Forrest can talk so well! I want to do the video cam again!
I am so happy to see an update! It sounds like things are going great for you. Your boys are so cute. I wish you guys lived closer...Jack would fit right in with those two! :)
I'm glad to hear your pregnancy has been going well. I can't wait for your little one to arrive!
Oh...and your blog is ADORABLE!
Heather! I haven't gotten to tell you how excited I am that you'll be having a little girl! And that she's head down!
Carter (my second) was head down every time they checked....but when I went into labor 10 days before his due date, he had randomly switched to breech. My labor was progressing really fast, so as soon as they checked me, they found i was a 10 and rushed me up to deliver him. When the doctor came in, she noticed that he was breech, so they rushed me in for an emergency C-section.
A little more dramatic than I would have liked, but it wasn't too bad. I was just sore in different places.
Just wanted to say hi Heather! what a fun post. Can't wait to see pics of your beautiful little girl when she arrives!
I like reading all your pregnancy picks (probably because I'm pregnant--ha, ha). Cute post.
-Wendi
PS I just discovered Aveeno lotion. I get the pregnancy itch on my legs so bad I get scabs from itching too much. Since using the lotion--NO ITCH. Yay!
Heather,
Hey! It's so good to hear from you and what a blessing to be able to add a little more estrogen to the family. CONGRATS!! I'm sure she'll be just as gorgeous as you! Hope everyone is doing well!
Post a Comment