But, before I say anything else, I just want to say thanks to all of you that sent such thoughtful emails to me!!! It means sooo much to me to have such loving, supportive, patient and attentive friends and family!!! I'll be better about keeping our blog updated :)
I had an ultrasound yesterday!! We've been waiting for our new insurance to kick in. I was almost considering just waiting to find out the gender until the end because we are 3/4 the way there anyway, but once we got to the ultrasound and I actually had a chance to find out, there was no way I could make it...we were just too excited!!! SOoooo, without any further adieu...we found out that we are expecting.....
Drum roll please ;) .....
A SWEET BABY GIRL!!!!!!
YEA!!!! We couldn't be happier!!! We are SO excited!!! The most important part was that everything looks very healthy and she looks so beautiful!! We can't wait to meet her!!! She was measured at 30 weeks 5 days and 3lbs 5oz so everything looks great so far :) My due date is April 18th. She's still in the breech position so hopefully she'll be flipping around soon. Anyone else have a late flipper? I'd love to hear your stories :)
The boys are getting excited about meeting her too. Forrest is all about having a little sister! He is just so excited. It helps a lot that he loves his little cousin Sydney so much :) I got a newborn diaper sample in the mail last week and he insisted on putting it on "our baby" (a toy baby doll that I bought before I had Forrest to help Andrew). So, we dressed the baby doll in the newborn diaper and swaddled it with a receiving blanket. Forrest held that little doll all night. He even picked up his cars to show to the "baby." I'm hoping that's all a good sign that he'll be happy to meet her. It will be interesting considering he's still my little cuddle bug and loves to sit on my lap all the time. It will be kind of weird for me when he's not the baby anymore. I still think of him as such a little guy. The hospital offers a sibling tour where the boys will get to see where our little girl will be born and they'll get to make a card for her. In theory these things will help, but we'll see right? ;)
Andrew on the other hand, loves the idea of another little brother. He still asks me how big the baby is every couple days and tells me the things he going to teach "him." When we shared the news that he's going to have a little sister, he insisted that it is a boy and that he'll be wearing blue. I happened to be wearing a pink sweater and told him that the baby will often wear pink, like Mommy. He happily disagreed. Funny. It will be sooo great to see how this all plays out. We do have some ultrasound pictures, but I still need to scan them. I'll try to get those up soon.
In other news, we had Christmas :) It was awesome. I figured as long as I got Christmas photos up before Valentine's Day I was in good shape....he he he...barely made it. Here are just a few holiday pics:
So, onto Valentine's Day :D We have some fun things lined up for this weekend so hopefully I'll get another update in soon (well at least before St. Patties day, right ;) J
21 comments:
AAHHHH Congratulations!!!! I am so excited for your little baby girl!!! And you look so great in the picture - totally glowing and happy... but where is your baby girl!? Are you hiding her in your back??? Seriously, you look AMAZING!
Yeah! A girl! They are SO much fun. Boys are a blast, but girls are just special! Congrats
YAAAAAAAAY CONGRATS!!! That is so so so so so wonderful!!! I'm so thrilled for you. I love the boys' different reactions! That's so funny!
What an amazing Christmas you had! Look at all that snow! WOW! And that sounds like such a super yummy delicious Christmas breakfast. Glad you had a nice relaxing time!!
Yes... I highly recommend girls. ;)
Congratulations Heather! I am so excited for you. Of course you would have the perfect little family with 2 older brothers and a sweet little girl! You do realize that clothing gifts for a little girl will be much greater than you ever got with your boys right? EVERYONE loves to buy little girl things!!!! Your boys are adorable...they are going to be the best big brothers! I sure miss you and I promise the next time we head over to Washington I will let you know and maybe we can swing by Oregon or something.
SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!
We are SOOO excited for you! Girls are so fun! What a lucky little girl to come to such a great family!! And to have two wonderful big brothers!
Hooray! That is great news! Our little girls will only be a few weeks apart.
Our girl is also breech! I'm hoping she'll flip on her own, too!
Congratulations!!!! That is so exciting!
CONGRATS, HEATHER AND DAN!!!!! Wahoo! A sweet, little girl! I hope you're feeling well. Are you excited to even out the gender count a little bit? (I have to say that every time I look at Abbie's blog and see pics of Audrey, it makes me want a little girl that much more.)
Can't wait to "meet" her via blogland!
Congratulations!! And it's so good to see you back in "blog-land". You will LOVE having a girl. :) Of course...I'm SLIGHTLY biased... :D
Congrats on your little girl!! And your way to do Christmas sounds awesome!
Heather, you've returned... Yay! Congratulations on the baby girl! How wonderful that your boys will have a baby sister! :) Also, I couldn't believe how much snow the Northwest received over Christmas! It will surely be a White Christmas that will be remembered forever! :)
~Lauren
I can't tell you how nice it is to see you and your cute family again! I am so happy that you guys are getting the chance to welcome a little baby GIRL into your family! Yeah! My sister is due April 10th with her first girl, kinda close huh? Keep us updated and Congrats again!
congratulations!!! And welcome to the "2 boys and a princess" club!
how WONDERFUL to hear from you Heather and your family. Congrats on a sweet baby girl! She is blessed to have two wonderful older brothers. I'm glad everything is looking good, can't wait to hear the next update!
What a lucky little girl!!! She is coming to the best family :-) I'm so, so, so very excited and happy for you guys. (And I must say I'm glad you found out because I was dying to know!) She is going to be a beautiful sweetheart just like her Mom!
I know how you feel prodigal blogger. We're glad your back.
That's exciting you're having a girl. I love having a girl. Easier for a mom to relate to, right? It will be exciting to see how the dynamics change with little sis around. :)
We are SOOOOOOO excited for you guys!!!! How fun that we will have daughter's so close together! I can't wait to meet your little one. I feel another dinner party coming on.....
Congrats and miss you guys!
HEATHER! I'm soooo excited for you and Dan! I had a dream about you the other night, and I woke up thinking "I wonder if they've found out what they're having yet."
Of course another boy would have been wonderful, but I'm so excited you get to do the girl thing (not that I know anything about the 'girl thing' yet myself). :) She's such a lucky little girl to have you, Dan, and two adorable older brothers as her family. Have you chosen a name for her yet?
We so need to chat! Expect a phone call very soon!
Love ya babe!
Yah!! That is so exciting!! Congrats! Oh, I just love little girls!
Post a Comment