Monday, December 15, 2008

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

We've been busy with Christmas preparations :)  The boys are totally excited and involved in Christmas this year! We woke up to a special holiday treat yesterday...

The First Snow

Forrest just loved looking at the snow falling out the window.  When Drew saw it he started jumping up and down and exclaimed, "Its snowing, its snowing...Santa's coming!!"  

Dan made some amazing hot cocoa, and I baked some Cinnamon Streusel muffins. The boys got their blankets out, we turned on the fire, and we all just cuddled up for some high quality family time. :) The boys all insisted we watch one of Dan's favorite Christmas movies, The Snowman. 
 

Forrest absolutely adored the snow!! He was such a sweet little snow bunny!



Dan taught the boys how to make snowballs.  They had a blast making snowballs and "throwing" them at each other, although they were more like gentle tosses.  


Last weekend we headed over to a local Christmas tree farm to cut our own Christmas tree.  

We were so happy with the tree we found! It was the perfect height for us, and it smelled soooo good!! Andrew was adorable the whole time we searched.  He had all kinds of opinions about the trees he liked.  It was priceless to see the boys cutting down the tree together.  




We've also enjoyed some high quality time with my parents!  They came over to babysit for Dan and I so we could do some Christmas shopping :)   

The boys LOVE playing trains together!  Its become even more entertaining as the boys have gotten older and enjoy putting little story lines together.  

Forrest enjoys playing with this little nativity set that Grandma Brown gave him. 

And lastly, I just want to wish my handsome Dan a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!  Today is his 28th birthday!!  I love him with all my heart!! He really is my best friend!!!  I'm soooo grateful that I am married to such a stud! He is an incredible husband and father! We love you soooooo much!!!!!!!

14 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Awwwwwww. I love the pictures of your boys!! They make my heart melt, seriously. It's like a little window into stuff I might be able to do with my boys in the next couple of years. You have such a beautiful family.

Happy Birthday Dan!!!!!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Dan!

Your family is so cute! I love all the pictures! I can't believe how big the boys are getting!

Lesley said...

I loved this post, Heather. Your family is beautiful, and the pictures you captured of those fun events are priceless. You are an excellent photographer!

And my! You sure got a lot of snow! I love the Drew knew right away that snow=Santa time!

I agree with Liz-- seeing your little boys and what they are up to makes me SO excited for what we have in store!

Jean said...

Happy birthday to Dan!! Woohoo! I just turned 28 on Friday! Yaaaay 28-ers!!

What wonderful Christmas fun, Heather! I love the snow!! And I love that your boys got so excited. "High quality" family time was definitely in order! Yay! It looks so fun that I want to join in! :-)

Lisa said...

What adorable little guys you have!!! Jonathan was sitting on my lap trying to talk to them :)

And Happy Birthday Dan!!! Although I must say I was kinda bummed there were no pictures of pregnant Heather :) Show us the belly! :)

hilary w said...

What a fun snow day! I love having an excuse to all cuddle up together and watch Christmas movies!

When do you find out what you are having? I am DYING to find out!!!

Abbie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How fun is the Peterson family!! Can we come and visit you right now? We miss you so much! Your boys are getting so big and so cute. I wish we could be there for Christmas!

P.S. where are the belly shots?

The Qian Family said...

Heather!!! I love you! The pictures just capture your family so well. I wish we lived next door again. Our kids (and us) would have so much fun. My kids are hard-core into hot chocolate these days and they really MISS the snow. I can't believe they remember it from Utah but they truly want to see it. It will be impossible for Christmas but maybe by Chinese New Year we can go far enough north to see snow. Love you, and Merry Christmas!

The Red Crew said...

I love this Christmas Post! It just made me wish that Emmett was out there playing in the snow with your boys though! You guys are such a darling amazing family. We miss you dang it! Happy Birthday to Dan and Heather, I want to be hearing news soon of the gender of your new little one!
Hope you guys have a very happy merry Christmas.

Megan and Jeremy said...

I heard you guys were getting crazy snow over there! I can't believe it! Looks like you guys have been having fun times--that is SO cool you all got a real tree and went and cut it down yourself :) Those are the best trees!

Emily said...

those muffins look amazing and your boys are so cute in the snow! You always have such fun, festive stuff going on! I love it.

ellen insights said...

It is kind of amazing to have a white Christmas over there. The pictures of your boys in the snow were very cute. I would have loved those hot chocolate and muffins myself.

Kristalyn said...

What a fun Christmas! Mason got some trains to add to his set...Carter is still too little to play with it with him, but I can't wait until he can!

The Kammeyers said...

Heather, I'd like to summon you back to the blogging world! It's been too long since we last got an update. :) Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family!

~Lauren