Monday, May 05, 2008

Andy-roo-who


While Forrest may be growing into the terrible twos, Andrew is definitely growing out of them. We had such a wonderful weekend together! He was being so sweet with me. He started calling me "Honey" over the weekend. He asked me, "Can we go to the playground now, Honey?" I couldn't help myself from laughing, it was so cute. His little voice is so expressive and fun to listen to.

He and Forrest were sitting playing cars today and he asked Forrest for his hand. Andrew and Forrest held hands, and Drew led him to the front room so they could make a "bridge and playground" with our couch cushions. It was priceless. At one point Forrest ran back to me and Drew came after him calling, "Forrest, wanna come back and play with me?"

There were long, difficult days the first year we had these two. I wondered at times, if it would ever get easier. It was so much work, going anywhere, doing anything. Forrest wouldn't take a bottle, so we had a solid year of little to no dating. It was very difficult! But now, I'm so grateful we had these two so close. They are best buddies, and we all have so much fun together :)

3 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

Awww this post makes me so happy. I've been a little nervous about having my two boys so close, but you give me LOTS of faith that it's so worth it. :)

Also, I LOVE your layout!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Oh, Heather that is the cutest thing in the whole world!!! Sometimes Hyrum calls me 'babe' because he hears Jeremy and I calling each other that :)

And it's good to hear the terrible twos do end. Hyrum is right smack in the middle of it. It's weird because he can be the sweetest thing in the world one minute and then you know how it can switch so fast. It's hard to believe that Hunter will ever get this way!

Wow, I just wrote way too much, sorry ;)

Abbie said...

Honey! So cute! I love it. Drew is such a cute little guy. I love his little voice.

I'm so glad you had them so close too. They are always going to be best friends.