Grandpa Brown's tradition continues... The yearly Signs of Spring Walk.






Each year growing up, just as winter faded and spring began to bloom, my Dad would take us kids on his annual Signs of Spring Walk. It was one of my favorite family traditions. We lived next to the Columbia River, and we used to walk down and see the ducks and ducklings, along with beautiful flowers and plants starting to bloom.
It was so neat just a few weeks ago, as we started into March, my Dad invited us over to his place for another signs of Spring walk around the lake close to where they live (in Oregon) It was so special to see he and Dan showing Drew and Forrest little buds starting to form on the plants around the lake and look at the families of ducks starting to enjoy the warmer weather.
Afterward, he had us over for dinner and we potted some plants, which Dad generously gave to us for our garden window in our kitchen!! Thanks again Dad! :) We just wish Mom could of been there, but luckily we'll see her in just over a week :D
The boys ADORED every second of it, and slept really well that night after journeying around the perimeter of the lake. Dan, Dad and I each took a turn carrying Forrest, so we all slept well ;) Its a great feeling to be able to share this tradition with my family.
6 comments:
What a fun tradition you had growing up Heather! And how fun to have your boys share that with your Dad (-: It must be so fun to live close to your family.
Miss you guys!!!
That's such a neat tradition! I bet that your boys LOVED it. That's a really good idea. And hey, if it makes everyone sleep better... :)
Heather! I left comment here last night about how cute I think your family is and how creative you are with them. I am always brain dead when it come to thinking of fun activities to do with the kids. The comment for Megan was written about a month ago and it has popped up on me before.... I am no sure why it does that.... i really did write something for you so sorry about the mix up!
I figured out why my computer was adding old comments and fixed it so I can save myself from embarrassment later!
Where are you guys living now? I lost track after SLC. We are in Michigan for the next year or so then off to who knows where! Zach just got accepted for a Navy scholarship so we could be anywhere in the world for the three years after school...
Heather, that is such a cute tradition! I think Blake and I may have to start that one up, too. Our condo is right next to the Provo River Trail and lately, as the weather has been starting to come above 40 degrees, we have been taking long walks on the trail. We love it. Blake loves stopping to look at the ducks (I think he is perpetually 5 years old) so I think he would love to start doing that even now, without kids! I love seeing pictures of you guys. I hope we can come out and see you all this summer, but it is still up in the air. We are dying to see you guys though. Say hi to Dan and the boys for me. We miss you tons!
What a great time with Grandpa!!! Your pictures are absolutely adorable. It's so beautiful there!! I love spring walks too!!
Post a Comment