Tuesday morning started a series of unfortunate events at our house. First, little Forrest and I both woke up with fevers and sore throats. We were exhausted, achy, and not ourselves.
Then, only a few hours later, Forrest tripped while running across the room, and hit the computer chair just under his eye. Ouch!! Whew, I knew the second I saw it happen that it wasn't going to be pretty. The bump swelled up immediately into a purple blob and started spreading. I iced it the best I could (as long as he would let me) but I knew there was very little I could do to prevent the inevitable.
(This is Day 4)
Sadness. It still hurts me now for me even to look at it! But ya know, this kid won't let anything get him down. He just keeps smiling...
So now... a call for captions!
Please feel free to add your own in the comments...
Forrest and I will laugh about this, someday ;)
Then, only a few hours later, Forrest tripped while running across the room, and hit the computer chair just under his eye. Ouch!! Whew, I knew the second I saw it happen that it wasn't going to be pretty. The bump swelled up immediately into a purple blob and started spreading. I iced it the best I could (as long as he would let me) but I knew there was very little I could do to prevent the inevitable.
Sadness. It still hurts me now for me even to look at it! But ya know, this kid won't let anything get him down. He just keeps smiling...
Please feel free to add your own in the comments...
Forrest and I will laugh about this, someday ;)
8 comments:
Oh poor guy!! At least he's still happy. :)
I wrote back to your comment on my blog, but I'll write here too just in case you don't see it. You are TOTALLY allowed to add me to your blog! Of course!
Awww! That IS a good shiner! The picture of him pouting is just so sad!
Caption... hmm... I can't beat Black Eyed Pea! That was so cute.
I'm so sorry for your little guy. It's weird because not too long ago Kaylin had a big shiner and bump on her nose (in between her eyebrows). Phil absolutely freaked out about it and thought she would never heal. Once again, the voice of reason, i.e. ME was right and she's back to normal!
Heather I just love you so much! I've been thinking about you a lot lately. E-mail me your phone number and we can chat. I miss you!
Ouch! Poor guy. There are always a few serious falls that make your heart stop! What a sweet little boy!
How sad! These little guys seem to get so many bumps and bruises...and Mason HATES getting his iced, too!
Poor lil' guy! Good thing kids bounce back so fast from injuries-I don't think I'd be smiling afterwards if that was me!!! Hope you're both feeling better, it's no fun to be sick!
Oh, ouch! Poor guy!! I bet it's hard for you to see him like that :) Hopefully it heals quick!
Hey Heather! Poor little guy! I can't believe how tough kids really are. It seems like nothing can get them down for very long. I bet he'll love these pictures when he gets older. Hope things are going well.
Post a Comment