Saturday, February 16, 2008

MOVED IN!
SORRY!!! Its taken me soo long to get the pictures off the camera. THANK YOU so much for being patient and checking in with us. We've been really busy trying to get set up in our new place and we're getting closer. We have a few more errands to run before Dan starts his new job next week. Here's an update of our work-in-progress.

A couple of days before the move, we were packing up things like crazy and came across the boys' Halloween costumes. After their bath, I was dressing them in their jammies, when they saw their costumes they insisted on wearing them again. I was surprised they actually still fit!! So, here's Drew with is his soaking hair as Frodo and Forrest in his monkey outfit--take two :)
On a rare occasion of snow Aunt Amy and friend Vanessa volunteered to take the boys on a walk. We'll miss that about living with the Petersons. Luckily, we are still very close!


On to the main event....Ta Da!! Here are a few pictures of our new place:

Here is our living room.


Here is our kitchen.


Below is the boys' room. I had fun surprising the boys by hanging stars from the ceiling while they slept. I couldn't help but smile when I heard them waking up and both chiming a chorus of "Stars, stars, stars!" It was a pretty unbeatable feeling.



Unpacking Treasures



It was a bit overwhelming at times unwrapping and organizing everything. It was so cute though, when I got to the toys. Especially, the kids' pot and pans. Drew insisted that I stop working and come play...uh um I mean "seriously cook" a 6 course meal. He even insisted on tasting the soup to make sure it wasn't too spicy. He used the two layers of window bench for the stove-top and oven respectively. I was very impressed. It was just too cute!!



Forrest was apparently hired as the sous-chef and handled the pressure of working in the culinary world very well.



Drew is FINALLY in his own toddler bed! Dan and I couldn't be happier with how well he's handled the transition. He sleeps there perfectly. We were expecting an all out battle including ripped books and toys strewn everywhere in the morning. SO far though, no problem. Whew...I think we got lucky with this kid!So, Forrest finally graduated OUT of the tiny little pack-n-play. Poor kid. He was bursting out of that thing. Dan insisted that that was our first item of business as soon as we moved out. Ahhh...the joys of having space. He's living the high life now.


Daddy and Sons and their epic wrestling matches.

"The Tickle"


The Opponents weigh their options.





The Take Down!


PINNED!! That's my boy!!

Here are the boys enjoying a rare showing of "Planet Earth" on our computer screen with kettle corn in hand. They absolutely ADORE the oceans segment. (Have you seen the diaries segment with the sharks--that's crazy!) The boys love it though. We don't get it. We took them to the Oregon Coast last September and that's still all we hear about! They just love ocean animals and everything to do with it. They have 3 different fishing games and puzzles, books and stuffed animals and they still can't get enough.

We left our 50" flat screen at the Petersons for the girls to use because a) its just too big (I know you guys/men are like huh? Is that ever a problem?) and b) we are doing a trial run of no tv. So far, its been wonderful!! We never used to watch in college, we were just too busy. I was expecting to really miss certain shows, but I don't. The peace and quiet has been a welcome relief.

I love you sweet friends and family so much!! Thank you for all the support you give to us day in and day out! We think of each of you often and hope you are doing well. If you haven't already, please tell us if you have a blog so we can get caught up with you too!!

I think we're moved in enough that I can get back into blogging regularly again. So, make sure to come back again soon :)

14 comments:

Kristalyn said...

I had such a fun time reading this post! Your house is beautiful and I'm sure it will be so nice to have your own space. That is the cutest idea about hanging stars from the ceiling while they were sleeping, I may have to copy it. I'm glad things are settling down! :)

Megan and Jeremy said...

What a beautiful home Heather! I really like your book shelves, we have so many books we should really look into getting something like that someday :) It looks like such a nice place to live-I'm glad you guys found a place so close to family still too. And your boys are as cute as ever of course!

Liz Johnson said...

That is BEAUTIFUL! It looks like you took a trip or two to Ikea too... I approve. :) I love how warm and inviting your house looks in just the pictures! You rock.

hilary w said...

I love your apartment! I have always admired how well you use lighting to make your home look so warm and inviting. I loved coming into your Wymount apartment and seeing your cozy lighting! So, once again, I am impressed! And no TV! Good for you, Heather. I wish I could do that.

Qian Jia Ting said...

Oh my friend...so many thoughts come to mind as I read your post and look at your pics. First, I miss you! Second, I agree with everyone who has commented on your beautiful home and how you've decorated. I also noticed the IKEA items, being a huge fan myself. Love the bookshelves, love it all! I want to hear more about your no tv thing. We have gone without tv for over a year BUT we still watch movies, etc. We just don't have actual "tv". I am actually thinking of getting it...do you want to talk me out of it? I'd love to hear your opinions and experiences around this issue. Anyway, you are a great Mom and wife. It is just so evident and you are a wonderful example to me. Thanks for your update!

Sherrie said...

Heather, Dan and Boys! What a nice apartment. I love your furniture choices! I can't wait to visit you next month - maybe do a little "junk store" shopping like only you and I can do Hea! I'm having a nice visit at Trent and Lauri's and you are right - Codi is adorable. That picture of Sydney really get the point across of how small she is - I hope that she and Kate are getting along well. Give the boys a big hug and kiss for me - tell them I'll see you all soon! And give Dan my best as he walks through those doors this week to begin a new adventure.

Love and miss you all! Have fun with Dad tomorrow - I know he's looking forward to seeing you all!

Later,

Mom

Headle said...

Thanks for all the nice compliments everyone! Our place is still a work in progress, so its awesome to feel like we are on the right track, thanks to you!!

YES!! Ikea is the best! We had so much fun shopping there. Especially in the children's area. They have so many artsy ideas for toddlers. Love it!! Not to mention, the prices are very young-family friendly.

Mom-I'd love to go do some antique shopping again. Its been so long since we've done that. Its always fun to find those few special treasures amidst all the old stuff. You have the best taste! I need to learn--teach me!!

Kristalyn-You are always doing cute things with Mason!! Star away girl! :) You are adorable!

Megan-Your book recommendations always inspire me to pick up the classics!! You'll be happy to know that I just got copies of Oliver Twist, David Copperfield and Nicklaus Nickleby.. not to mention A Tale of Two Cities is on my short list :) Keep those recommendations coming!

Liz-Thank you!! I hope it feels inviting, that way I could convince you to come over for a play date--the whole ssmap crew. Our place isn't that big, but at least its not snowing here so we could go outside for a little while. Hmm...maybe Texas would be a little warmer. I'll tell Abbie to start making room for us all. :)

Hilary--Are you kidding me?! I felt the SAME way about your home!! You really know how to make everything feel so warm and loving! Its WHO you are!! You beautify everything and everyone around you. And you really notice and take time to beautify the details in your life. Inspiring!!

Lori--I miss you too!! I really do miss those days of stepping outside and knocking on your door for a chat!!

Isn't IKEA so much fun?! The easel has already been a blast to play with!! And the roads rug has been fun for the boys cars too!

That's awesome that you've gone a year without T.V!! I love that. We've been without for close to three weeks and its been great! We never watched a ton, but Drew did have a few favorite shows like Diego and Dora. Now, those have been replaced with more animal books and play time. We've really liked it so far :)

Wendi said...

I always enjoy the Planet Earth videos until they get to the part where something is getting eaten by something else. Yikes! Definitely not the old Disney "True Life Adventures" where the little desert mouse always manages to get away (Ha ha!).

This is one of the most awesome posts--I laughed a lot. Your boys are a riot. Ditto to what everyone has said about your new place. I'll fly you out to come decorate mine someday.

Abbie said...

All of those pictures make me miss you so much! I love the wrestling match. So cute!

And your place is AMAZING! It looks like home. I can't wait to see it in real life!! Only two more months!!

P.S. Ikea is the best!

Lisa said...

Wow, Heather, your place looks amazing! Seriously, it is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!! That is so wonderful.

You are the best mom. I love that you hung stars while they were asleep. And kudos for getting rid of the TV. I don't think I could do that, which is probably more reason why I should try to. Oh well. :)

Jean said...

Heather, congrats on the new place! IT'S AWESOME!!! Isn't it so nice to be moved in and organized again?

OH! And Tim and I have the EXACT same Ikea chair in our living room too - the Poang!! We love it. I'm planning on bouncing in it during contractions, haha. And I also recognize the boys' easel from Ikea! Tim and I are definitely getting one too.

Everything looks fabulous! I love the cute pics of daddy and the boys!!

Headle said...

Wendi--So true about planet earth! He He He...I didn't think of it that way before, but that's sooo funny. Yes, the mouse always gets away, until NOW! dun, dun, dun....

Oh, and whatever girl! You have the cutest style ever! Just look at the clip art on your blog! That says it all right there. I was always trying to keep up with YOUR creativity growing up!! I think we have a complimentary gifts :) And I'm really hoping a visit is coming up soon!! I just HAVE to see you guys again and hold that little Ruth of yours! :)

Abbie--It will feel more like a home when we can have you guys here with us!! Real Life?! It's too good to be true!! We can't wait!!! Counting down the days!

Lisa--TV won't be an issue for you, your kids are going to be playing Mozart and Bach by the time they are 4 years old with even a little effort on your part! Your talent and love of learning will catch like a wildfire in their hearts. There are amazing things in store for you kids, and I can't wait to see it all unfold :)

Jean--We love the chair too. Dan sat in it, and the rest is history.

I couldn't ever say the name right so I started calling it the Ping Pong chair, that turned into the Pong chair. I'm so wierd :)

Yea!! I won't be long before you are bouncing little baby Anderson there :) PLEASE tell Tim hi and congratulations from us too before all the craziness starts!! We LOVE you guys!!!

Emily Hagen said...

Heather, your family is adorable! My favorite pictures are the one where Forrest is using the rolling pin to help Andrew cook and where Forrest has Dan pinned. What precious little boys! I wish we lived close enough to babysit :( Your new place looks great and I bet it is fun having Kate, Josh, and Sydney for neighbors. I miss you!!!

Abby said...

Heather! It's so good to read about how you guys are doing!! I think someone from our old Wymount ward had you listed on their blog but I can't remember who now. Anyway, I'm excited to keep up with you! Come visit my blog anytime.