I'm a teacher-nerd-girl!! :)
No big shocker there right? There's there's this little elementary school teacher in me that just won't go away ;) SO, I've been doing a very informal at home preschool with the boys on and off for about a year. I won't bore you with all the details or anything, but I've been encouraged recently by some very close friends to share a little more about this very BIG part of who I am. SO, embarrassed, yes a little, but none-the-less...
Here are some recent pictures of a lesson I gave Monday on texture. We made a collage of a variety of little things we found around the house and how they felt. The boys had a lot of fun helping me glue and tape them to our poster.
The handwriting is all over the place because I started writing sideways, then just kept going, but you can see what I was trying to do :)
Tabula Rasa
Here's Drew enjoying the potential of things to come...
medium: salt on cookie sheet (it will be big! :P )
Tabula Rasa
Here's Drew enjoying the potential of things to come...
medium: salt on cookie sheet (it will be big! :P )
Ah well!! It was fun while it lasted. :)
11 comments:
Hey that's what happened with my sugar in a bowl too. Hmm. I am sensing a pattern. :)
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
So cool Heather! I had forgotten that you were a teacher. What did you teach?
I love the salt. So fun for them to trace shapes and letters in stuff like that.
Yay to you for doing fun stuff like that with them!!! You're awesome!
That salt is SUCH A GOOD IDEA!! You never cease to amaze me :)
How cool! I want to come to your preschool!
I am in love with Drew's curly locks!
You are the most amazing mom in the world! I wish I could live next door. You are so incredibly creative. Thank you so much for sharing the ideas. I'm getting inspired! Keep them coming for the world to see!
P.S. your boys are ridiculously cute!!
You shouldn't be embarrassed at all! :) What great ideas, and what a wonderful mom you are! You're awesome, Heather!
You are so inspirational! I have been wanting to do lessons with Jack for about a year now but it has only culminated in 3 or 4 lessons ever! I love your ideas. Please keep posting new things you do with your boys....I need ideas!
that is so fun! I hope when I have kids I can be creative like that. Your boys have one fabulous mom!
Heather I think you should write a book, no a series of books with all the ideas you have! You are so creative, you have inspired me to do something constructive with Hyrum, I think he would love little projects like those.
ok so I wish I lived close to you so that you could teach my daughter cool things. Looks like I'll be doing preschool with her at least all next year, probably both years, so I'll have to hit you up for some good ideas. I just need to get my hands on some curiculum and I think I'll be able to figure it out. It will be nice to have an inpirational example like you though! Love you tons Heather!
I'm so glad that you posted your ideas, we will definitely have to try them out, too! Keep them coming! I wish we lived closer so our boys could be friends!
Post a Comment