Late Night Update
So...some of you dear friends are wondering, "What's this business about moving?"
Yea...sorry about that. Its been happening slowly over the last month, but its finally all come together. I thought I'd use our last day of internet for a few days to clarify.
To start with, Dan got a new job (yea!) working as an underwriter for an insurance company. The job is not only related to his studying to become an actuary, but its a lot less stressful than his last job so he'll be able to study in the mornings and evenings.
We are super excited about the opportunities ahead :) We also found a great place close to Kate and Josh. Its an awesome location with a ton of perks like the city library basically on-site, a park across the street, and the pool area even has a baby wading pool with a fountain (for the summer, of course). This is especially nice because last summer I wanted to take the boys swimming during the day but it was difficult with the pool being so deep at our last place, it just didn't happen. We also get a free gym pass to Ballys which will be good to get some exercise during these winter months. All that is great, but of course, the biggest blessing is to still be close to all our family here (Petersons, Mom and Dad Brown, Kate, Josh and now little Sydney!)
Speaking of Sydney, She is sooo little and sooo sweet!! I held her today for just a few minutes, and didn't want to let her go. I almost felt like she was going to fly out of my arms when I took her because she is just over 4 lbs!! I wasn't used to that at all. Forrest was 9 lbs 4 oz when he was born so he was literally twice her size :) She is beautiful!!
She literally looks like a baby doll. When Forrest met her today he said, "I want that!" Which in Forrest's baby talk means, "I'm soo happy to have someone smaller than me to play with." He kept trying to give her a car and was extremely upset when, of course, she couldn't take it. Don't worry Fuf, Sydney is already growing and you'll be playing together in no time.
Now Drew and Forrest now have two cousins younger than they are, Sydney and my brother Trent and sister-in-law Lauris' little Codi Rose (who is 3 1/2 month. It is soooo fun to see our families growing and cousins to play with!! We can't wait to hold little Codi too!!
Doesn't Codi Rose just radiate happiness?! She is gorgeous! We can't wait to meet her in person!
Okay, well that was a total baby tangent, and not related to moving at all, but worth recording for posterity :)
9 comments:
Good luck with your move. And what cute cousins your boys have!
Thanks for the update!
I love your nieces names! Oh, babies! I just love seeing pictures of little teeny tiny ones. Thanks for sharing! Hope the move goes smoothly.
What an adorable baby! And what's this about you moving? Are you still gonna be in Oregon? Oh, how we love it there! :)
Good luck on the move. Wish we come come and help move boxes. Let us know when you get settled--we need to talk! :)
Good luck moving, I wish we could help! And it is so very cool that you are close to both of your families and your sister is still in Seattle right? The good ol' north west!!!
congrats on the job! I tagged you! check out my blog!
Congratulations on your new job! That is very exciting and hopefully will be a good step for you both. I am excited to hear how great your new place is, too! And what cute nieces you have! And weighing in at only four pounds! What a blessing that she is healthy.
So cute! And your new place sounds amazing! Congrats on Dan's job---can't wait to hear more :) Miss you!
AWW, look at the cutie patootie babies!!! Hooray! Congrats to the parents and to Auntie Heather and Uncle Dan!!
I hope the move is going well! :-)
Post a Comment