1. They both love the Savior and dedicate their lives to living the principles He taught. They never hesitate to lift another who is suffering through encouragement and service. They believe in change. They move intentionally to bring positive changes in their lives. No matter where they are, they bring happiness and sincere optimism. They see things spiritually.
2. They are both genuinely happy for the successes of others.
3. They are authentic, real. Their priorities are always placed on things that matter the most.
4. They have a contagious love of learning. They devour books and wisdom. They ask questions, critically think about things, and listen carefully to others. They are both passionate about making a difference in the world. They never hesitate to share their beliefs about important topics.
5. They are one of the cutest couples we have ever known!! They are spontaneous, fun and extremely creative. Its nearly impossible to be with them and not be laughing. They are quick- witted and find joy in the little things in life.
6. They are, as my sister referred to them once, the All-American couple. They are a gorgeous family with an incredibly bright future ahead of them.
7. Forrest is a wonderful husband who treasures Abbie and Eli. Abbie is an amazing mother who will do anything she can to take care of Eli. She never complains about adapting her cooking to Eli's medical needs. She enjoys the challenge of cooking with soy. In fact, she doesn't see it as a challenge at all, but as a great blessing. She's invented the most creative meals for him. That inspires me!
8. Dan can literally talk to Forrest for HOURS non-stop given the chance. He especially loves talking to Forrest about the gospel. They really understand each other and with Dan growing up with six sisters, its been a gigantic blessing in his life!! I feel the same way about Abbie! She is always interested in the details in my life. She is such an amazing listener! She shares things in a way that opens my mind to new ways of thinking.
9. We shared the same AMAZING friends the Summer and Fall both couples dated (Shout-out to the Brookview Bunch!). We got married the same day as they did, and followed them over to the Wymount Ward which was a huge blessing for all of us! We made so many mutual and INCREDIBLE friends there! :)
10. We have common dreams and goals! There is so much to look forward to, and feel so blessed that we can share it with them!
Forrest, Abbie, Eli and Baby Girl....WE LOVE YOU!!!!
Here's a few pictures of the adorable Christmas package they sent us!!
Where to begin?
How in the world did they know that we were literally craving Twizzlers that day? And Lindt chocolate, a Swiss classic!!
What did I tell you about books? Seriously, Abbie thank you!! I love everything to do with improving education. That was sooo thoughtful!
I'm sooo sorry that little Forrest was asleep when we opened the package, but I've got to say that little Forrest absolutely loves his shhh-oosss (shoes) and the movie as well!
True friends make it easier to live the gospel. They help us be the kind of person that attracts other true friends.
-Elder Robert D. Hales
-Elder Robert D. Hales
7 comments:
WE LOVE YOU TOO!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! WE DO NOT DESERVE IT!! YOU FOUR ARE THE GREATEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD!!! PLEASE DON'T GET TRANSLATED - I REALLY NEED YOU HERE ON EARTH!
How neat! What a sweet (and oh so accurate!) post! I love that you guys share such a special friendship.
That quote at the end is really cool.
Great blog! I'm too want to express my appreciate to all of Heather and Dan's family and friends. It's wonderful to know that "my kids" are so loved and cared for by all who know them.
Love to all!
Mom Brown
Hooray for the Whites!! You guys rock!!
I love that quote too!
You guys are all awesome! We definitely love and cherish all the friends and acquaintances from our (very long) time at BYU/Wymount.
We love Forrest and Abbie! What a great family. Hooray for Wymount friends!
Heather... what an amazing friend you are. While I adore Forrest & Abbie as well, I can't imagine they don't feel twice that for you with your generous praise and constant, selfless attitude.
You're an amazing woman.
P.S. That picture I saw of your boys eating off their new cafeteria-style plates? I was impressed. I don't think I could ever get Malia to eat from that many food groups in one sitting.
Post a Comment