Saturday, January 12, 2008

Project Runway: Peterson Style

Background: Since Kate moved to Oregon, we've been on a Project Runway kick! We've watched practically every episode and have endured the endless teasings of Dan and Josh through it all. Nonetheless, we have endured, and both enjoyed hosting the first annual Project Runway over the holidays.

The challenge: Create a party dress for any holiday of your choosing. Each designer was given complete liberty as to how to design and execute the dress within the time frame allotted. The fabric and materials were generously provided by Mom Peterson. The dresses were judged by a team of fashion experts who shall remain nameless.

The winner: You can imagine the competition was tough, and pressure ran high. However, the generous judges didn't declare a winner, rather, each designer received an individualized award...ie...they were to nice to pick one over the other. :)

Good thing, 'cause I liked them all too!

*Authors note: Emily we have to do this before you leave next time!! We missed you!

*A disclaimer: What I like about the show is seeing how well the designers execute their ideas, not the fashion industry itself, or any misguided ideas about how women ought to look. :)

When the slideshow finishes you can view it again by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner twice.

6 comments:

Kate, Josh & Sydney said...

I love how you made that slideshow! You got some great shots! We will definitely have to do this again next year!

Emily Hagen said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I loved all the pictures. It figures the judges wouldn't choose a winner...too many good options! It reminds me of when we did an Iron Chef competition with cousins (you'll have to ask Kate about that one). Have a great day!

Abbie said...

Are you kidding me? That is the coolest thing ever, ever. I'm so excited to have a girl that will do girly things with me!

Lisa said...

Wow, I am impressed!! I seriously SERIOUSLY can't even put on a button. So I am incredibly amazingly impressed!

hilary w said...

Sounds like fun! I've never seen the show but it sounds neat! Sounds like of like The Apprentice! :)

Lesley said...

How cool! What a fun girls memory! I want to play next time! :) Perhaps I will have to start that up with the gals in my family!