Sunday, December 16, 2007

Making Sweet Memories...











December really is the most wonderful time of the year for our family!



We have so many fun things to celebrate and remember. Yesterday kicked off the good times as we celebrated Dan's birthday! The day included: delicious, homemade crepes (courtesy of Tom), generous babysitting so Dan and I could go to the Portland temple, lunch at one of our favorite restuarants, Gustav's, and our traditional Chocolate dessert fondue for our evening party. Dan--you are wonderful!! We all love you so much!!! Thank you for being such shining light of goodness to me, and bringing such joy into my life everyday! Not to mention, our boys eat up every precious moment they have with you! You truly are treasured :)

Here are a few more holiday pictures of the boys:





Drew is growing up so much. He is less and less of a toddler everyday. I'm starting to see this little boy appear before me. His language has really improved and now he'll really talk with us. He loves learning and being a part of things. He's very excited for Christmas this year and all the fun activities and traditions we have.

Forrest is a blast to play with! As you can tell, he's a little ham and always lights up the room with his smile. He's in this phase where he's figured out how to take off his pants, and prefers running around in a diaper. Its cute for now, but hopefully won't last too much longer :) Its been such a treat to share Christmas time with these two cuties!!

7 comments:

Emily Hagen said...

Dan, I hope your birthday was awesome! It sounds like you guys had a great time. You are the best big brother I could ask for. I really miss having you here in Utah. It was always so much fun talking to you and hanging out. Thank you for being such a good example to me of genuine kindness and living the gospel standards. I feel so lucky to be your sister. You are always in our prayers. I love you!

Sherrie said...

Dan,

I really hope that you heard my voice mail for your birthday - I was in my finest voice form (if you ask me!!!). Sorry that Les and I weren't there to help you celebrate with your family, but the pictures that Hea posted are great! Looks like you had a really nice day/evening. I sure miss stopping off at your apartment to visit with you and your sweet family, but I'm lucky that I do get to see you all soon. As you know - with the craziness of the holidays and traveling back and forth, you'll get your birthday present along with Heather getting hers when you take you out for a festive meal after I arrive back in Portland after the Christmas holiday. Love and miss you! We're so proud to have you as a son-in-law and know that you are deeply loved by all in the Brown family!

Enjoy your day!

Mom Brown

Anonymous said...

Dan!
Happy, happy birthday! I can't believe how fast you're growing up...haha. It looks like you had an enjoyable birthday, but I wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you!
Anyway, thanks for being such a wonderful big brother to me. I always brag to people that I have the best brother-- and it's true! You are one of those rare people that would do just about anything for anyone and THAT is a real quality that I admire.
I love you and absolutely cannot wait to see you soon! Many birthday wishes!
Love,
Rebecca

Qian Jia Ting said...

It is ALWAYS a joy to see your updates. Please keep them coming. We truly love your sweet family!!!!! William always says to say "hi" to Dan!

The Kammeyers said...

Looks like things are going so well for you guys! I'm glad. Thanks for your sweet post, Heather. I finally was able to add pictures from our trip now, so it's a bit more complete. :)

Lisa said...

Your blog posts always make me hungry! Yummm!!!

Blake said...

DAn,

You are the man. Happy B-day and sorry we couldnt be there to celebrate w/ you. Thanks for being a great bro to emily. We love you and your family. See ya in a few days!

Blake