Friday, November 30, 2007

Another post is coming soon with an update and pictures but in the meantime...

I've been tagged! Here are six random facts about me:

1) LOVE CHOCOLATE!! Lindt truffles are my personal favorite!

2)I once worked out with Arnold Schwarzenegger. My Dad was on the governer's council for physical fitness and sports and organized a sports conference. I was in fourth grade. I tagged along with my dad and ended up in photo shoot. It was a lot of fun and I felt like a celebrity when all the kids and teachers at school wanted to hear about it.

3) I love the board games Monopoly, Risk, Stratego, Settlers, Rook, Ligreto, Cranium and Apples to Apples. Although, its been a while since Dan and I have been able to play a nice, long game of anything without a few pairs of small hands getting to the pieces. Any one who knows me well, knows that I'm NOT competitive at all! I just love spending time with friends and family and doing something fun together.

4) I served my mission in Kaohsuing, Tawain. So, of course, I learned Mandarin Chinese there. I also studied Japanese for 2 years in high school and a year and a half in college. I lived in the Japanese house at the foreign language housing at BYU. That was awesome!! Dan served his mission in Switzerland so now I'm learning German.

5)I was an incredibly active kid. (ME? Hard to imagine isn't it?! Ha!) I did gymnastics for several years in elementary school. I was so strong (now just a faint memory :) I could do a bizillion push ups and back walk overs. I also played competitive AAU basketball through junior high and started running cross country and track in high school. Running was by far my favorite sport and I continued running all through college. Good times!! I can't wait to see what sports our boys like. Dan loves racquet sports, so he's convinced our boys will play tennis. We'll see :)

6)The night I met Dan I was going to a sleep over at Megan's apartment for a girls night out (love you Brookview girls!!) but couldn't shake the feeling that I needed to go home. Luckily, I did, because Dan came over with Geoff that night, and the rest is history!!! :)



Kate, Emily and Rebecca (if you're not in London yet) consider yourselves tagged :) ...

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I didn't know all that stuff about you! Arnold Schwarzenegger! How cool!! And we should've played board games at some time--I love playing them in a non-competitive way (although my husband hasn't quite mastered his competitive ways). And I didn't even know where you went on your mission. Wow, I feel like a slacker friend! But it's good to know now :)

Headle said...

Lisa--
You are NOT a slacker friend by any means, quite the contrary! You are the truest kind of friend. You are always checking in with us and leaving such sweet comments. You are so thoughtful and have such a great sense of humor! :)

Qian Jia Ting said...

I absolutely loved reading all those great things about you. I have always thought you are an extraordinary person--and an amazing friend. Thanks for sharing!

Lesley said...

Those were great little secrets!

I love the story about the night you met Dan! You two are one of the neatest couples I know. Thanks goodness for following your feelings!

Megan and Jeremy said...

That was so fun to read Heather!!! I didn't know all those things about you, but I did remember the night you met Dan!!! (even though I wasn't there) Remember those cinnamon rolls you made him that one morning?
Love,love,love the picture of you and Forrest-you're beautiful!