Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Fairy Tea Party


Adelaide and I went to the Fairy Tea Party hosted by the Provo Library on Saturday. To say she loved it is quite an understatement...she had the time of her little life!  I spruced up her white dress from Michelle's wedding with some flowers, ribbon and buttons.  Addi fell in love with the dress makeover and kept looking at herself in the mirror and smiling.  I think this little project was a hit! :)


 It was such a treat to get out and enjoy some one on one time with my little girl.



 The program began after the Fairy King read a proclamation.  They had ballet dancers perform and even served little treats to eat.  The funniest moment was when one of the dancers performed to the music from Sleeping Beauty.  Addi recognized it right away and yelled, "Ahh! Sleeping Bootie!!"  I was kind of embarrassed because so many heads turned to look at us, but then I saw all the smiles and realized we were in good company with all these other moms of little girls. :)

Addi adored the ballerinas!  She stood to clap after each dancer finished and kept saying, "ballerina!"  You can imagine her delight when one of the ballerina's came to greet her while we ate the treats.  Addi was so excited!  Its hard to tell here because she looks so shy...ha ha!




Then they had the Fairy Promenade.  Each of the little girls got to walk down a runway and do a little spin before they turned to curtsy to the Fairy King.  It was soo cute!

Here she is with the entire Fairy Court after the tea party finished.

After enjoying a great time at Cousin Taylor's birthday party, Addi came home and fell asleep. I guess even little fairies get sleepy sometimes. :)

9 comments:

Lesley said...

I love that you didn't stop with just taking her to an awesome event -- you enhanced it by fairy-ifying her own dress and adding wings! What a day to remember! Thanks for sharing the fun pictures.

Kristen said...

When Kaitlyn was little we went to that. They do such a good job! I always love to see all your pctures!!

ellen insights said...

What a sweet time with your little girl! It looks like a little fairy's dream come true. I like the picture of her sleeping too. This makes to excited to have a little girl to dress up- of course that is assuming I don't have a tomboy.

Sherrie said...

Holy Cow - what an awesome event and the post ain't too shabby either! Sweet little Addi looks fabulous, of course, after her Mom's special little touches. Thanks for posting this Headle - I love it and can't wait to show your dad! Please send a link to your sibs so they can all see it as well.

Always my heart ----- Love, Mom

Jean said...

WOW!!! What an incredible event!!! That is wonderful!!! She is the CUTEST fairy ever!

Megan and Jeremy said...

Oh Heather how precious! What a fun memory this will be with your little girl. Sleeping Booty-hilarious!

The Red Crew said...

I feel so sad i still have not met this fairy princess, Addi! This is such a cool event! I love all of these pictures. I hope you all are doing well! I don't know if you heard we currently living in Orem and I know you guys are living in Utah Valley too which means it is really ridiculous that we haven't gotten together! I've been under the radar due to a prolonged case of pregnancy nausea but I would love to get together, if you guys aren't too busy, once I finally snap back into things! I'm hoping in the next few weeks here.

Kristalyn said...

Hey Heather! It's been a long time since I've caught up on blogs and I thought I would see what you were up to. Your kids are darling! I didn't know you are in Provo? We are here too?! I would love to see you some time! You can call or text me at 720-984-2158. I think our kids would have fun together and I would love to catch up with you!

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness, how ADORABLE Heather! I love her dress makeover. And that last precious picture of her asleep... that will make you cry someday when she's all grown up. Love it!