Last Friday, Forrest's kindergarten class earned a reward and he got to wear his pjs to school. There aren't many things funnier to Forrest than breaking social norms. He kept giggling, "I just can't believe it! I can't believe I'm wearing my pajamas with my backpack!"
The last few times I've tried to take his picture, he pulls out this little pose. I can't seem to break him out of it so you may be seeing it more often! :)
On Saturday, Dan scouted out and found a great park for us to go to. The fresh air felt so refreshing after a long week of being inside most of the day (with the exception of school for the kids).
As soon as we arrived, the first item on Addi's agenda was to attack the first hill she saw. As you can see, Addi demonstrates the law of physics for us. :)
(You may want to click the pictures to see her little facial expressions better...pretty funny!)
What goes up...
![]() |
must come down...
Ha ha!! She was so adorable and so determined...marching up the hill with a gigantic smile on her face only to sit down and starting rolling back down again. She kept saying "Rolling, rolling, rolling..."Earlier Saturday morning, Aunt Leslie stopped by with Valentines gifts for the kids (soo nice of her). She definitely provided the entertainment the boys needed on Saturday. It took about .0002 seconds for the bubble blowers she gifted the boys to become lightsabers.
As you can see, this was serious business...
Ha ha! Their imaginations kept them in that galaxy far away for most of the day! :)
It was starting to get cold by the time we left so everyone was getting hungry. We headed over to the Riverwoods for something to eat and to "ride the horsies" as Addi kept requesting.
$1 rides on the carousel and a trip to pick up some hamburgers finished off our little family outing. :)
And of course, in classic Headle style a random thought, ha ha! You are used to these by now, right?! Ok, so sometimes when I'm going through our pictures and putting together a blog post, I can't help but think something along the lines of, "this is such a small and ordinary thing, a trip to the park with the kids...is it really worth blogging?" I still struggle with those doubts from time to time. Whenever I feel this way, I usually find myself taking a few minutes to scroll back a few years to blog entries when the kids were younger. I'll be filled with love and appreciation for these wonderful everyday memories we've had together. I can't help but think of this quote from President Uchtdorf's talk at the Relief Society General Broadcast last October (here):
"The lesson here is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us.
This is not to say that we should abandon hope or temper our goals. Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life.
The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments. They are the ones who, thread by daily thread, weave a tapestry of gratitude and wonder throughout their lives. These are they who are truly happy."
I love that message and its always a good reminder to me. I'm thinking that when Dan and I are at the sunset of our lives, looking back on times past, remembering small Addi roll down a hill at the park, and the boys playing Star Wars together with bubble wands will make us laugh and bring joy to our hearts. :) So, thank you friends and family for always inspiring me and encouraging me to share with you. Please remember that every time you share a little moment from your life, you give me the courage and happiness to do the same. I'm so grateful for your love and amazing examples in my life! I really can't say that enough. I love you!




9 comments:
Oh, I love that President Uchtdorf quote!!! That is such a good reminder to enjoy the small moments!!! You are SO right, when we're all old and gray, it will be these simple times that will make us smile. :-)
What a fun outing!!! I can't imagine anything better than playtime at the park and carousel rides and burgers!! Yay!! And I adore the pics of your sweet kiddos. Addi is so darn cute!!
Some of my favorite posts are of the "not-so-momentous" times, because those tend to be more easily forgotten. I remember the holidays and the events whether I blog about them or not. :)
I love the quick shots of Addi vs. the hill.
So sweet and cute are ALL your kids! I love your pictures!
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this recent post! Sorry - I must be 'off my game' a bit. I agree with everything that's been said and you need to give that girl some crampons! She can conquer ANYTHING! They all look like they were having a blast! Thanks to Leslie for the extra touches which the boys obviously enjoyed. Love to everyone! Still hoping for the email news out to the family. Give all my love!
I'll have to remember to break more social norms in front of Forrest so that I can be the favorite aunt! (Although I don't know if anyone stands a chance going up next to Amy)!
I have been lame and have not followed up with any blogs lately and was so excited to see so many cute posts on yours! I need some tips from you on using my camera too--your pictures rock! The kids are so cute and getting so grown up. Glad to see everyone so happy there!
I really like your photo layouts on your blog. They are really nice and a neat change of pace from, well, the single photo format.
I love the part about Forrest wearing pajamas to school. What a crack up. It's that much more fun to read the posts about your kids having had a chance to meet them (finally!). I can envision what you describe that much more.
Love this post! Your kids are so cute and you do such a good job of recording the joy that your family experiences!
Your picture layouts are AMAZING! It is so fun to look through your blog. I know what you mean about remembering the small moments. Recently Geoff and I went through our blog history. It was amazing to see where we had been and how problems that seemed so big then are just a memory now. Thanks for sharing yours with us!
Post a Comment