Monday, November 28, 2011

Living in Thanksgiving Daily

 
How can my heart convey my gratitude for the gift of my life?  For the chance I have to live with and learn from so many inspiring people and have a chance to grow spiritually and improve myself.  Over the last few months, there have been so many reminders to me of how precious each day is.  I'm trying to live and soak in each and every moment I have with my little ones.  Soak up their conversations, listen intently to their stories, their creative ideas, their troubles and drink in their silliness.  My life definitely has a richer and more meaningful purpose when I relax and enjoy the little moments I'm given. Each day is a gift!  Each day is another chance to rejoice in the blessings I've been given from Heavenly Father.


I'm so grateful for the chance I have to live, and learn, to repent, and grow.  I need every single moment...I have so far to go!  This Thanksgiving, I'm so grateful for the simple and yet magnificent blessings we have.



The best things in life are nearest:  Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you.  Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.  ~Robert Louis Stevenson


I love this quote and it really sums up how Dan and I have been feeling lately.

Speaking of blessings, we had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!  I won't be able to cover it all but needless to say, it was so rejuvenating!  



We're thankful for the chance to visit with Grandma Bird again.  How we love Grandma Bird!


This Thanksgiving, Grandma Peterson was well prepared with many creative and engaging activities for the kids to do throughout the day.  She created a checklist and the boys loved the challenge of completing everything on the list! 

Isn't this so cute?!


Does it get better than an edible craft?!
The boys love puzzles and this one Grandma bought was an instant favorite!
Annual Thanksgiving Nature Walk







We are so grateful for the love and support our family and friends provide us.  I especially want to thank each of you for your patience and kindness to me even though I've been a little quieter on the blogging front this year.  In all honesty, the past year was tough in many ways.  I know I haven't been blogging as much but you were never far from my thoughts!  I just really want to thank you for your kindness towards me.  I really appreciate all that you've taught me through your examples.
 
I also wanted to thank you for your comments on my last few posts.  To answer Wendi's question, Dan is still looking for work so we're not sure if Provo will be a temporary or permanent move yet...but we do have our own place and are settled in for now.  :) We'll keep you posted when we know more.  In the meantime, we are living a few blocks from campus so if you need anything from the BYU bookstore, be sure to let me know! :)

I'm going to make more of an effort to get back into my mini-post mode so hopefully you'll be hearing from me a bit more! :)


Thanks again for checking in!!!!

5 comments:

hilary w said...

I'm so happy to hear an update from you guys! It sounds like a nice Thanksgiving. I'm sorry to hear that Dan hasn't found a job yet. That can be so stressful and depressing! I hope you find a good job soon.

Wendi said...

It's always good to hear from you. Heather. I'm sorry its been a tough year. I've been a blogging slacker for the past 6 months and I think I will finally have to start posting again. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. That list of fun things to do with Grandma is amazing. How fantastic! I hope that Dan can find a job soon!

Liz Johnson said...

Heather, I love you! Every time I hear from you or read your posts, you lift me up. I'm so sorry that you've been having a hard time. You are loved! And I miss you! I wish we could chat more often. And you guys will be in our prayers.

And girl, you are GORGEOUS. I love those pictures of you, especially the one of you reading to Forrest! That is ADORABLE! Ahhh I miss you. I want to move to Provo just to live by you again! And that is saying a lot - I am not a big fan of Provo! But I guess I am if Heather's there. :)

Lesley said...

I loved this post! You have a beautiful way with words -- your posts always make me FEEL things, and I think that is a gift.

I think a Turkey Day walk (in a pink Tutu!) is going to go on our list of traditions over here! Thanks for the idea!

Jean said...

What wonderful Thanksgiving festivities!!! And everything is very well said. It's the perfect time (as always) to be so grateful!!!