Friday, October 23, 2009
In Remembrance...
Dan and I have some dear friends from BYU who lost their little boy a couple of days ago. He was only five months old and was lost in a tragic accident. Our hearts are hurting, and aching for our friends. They are both incredible people who have already overcome a lot of personal trials in their lives. They are fearless of doing what's right and are always trying to improve themselves. We greatly admire them for the beautiful life they are creating.
We'd like to pass on our most sincere condolences and offer to everyone our testimonies of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That our stay on this earth is all but a short time and each and every day we live is an opportunity to prepare ourselves to return to our Heavenly Father.
It is times like this that the trivial things that are so easy to get caught up in are washed away and we are left with our testimonies. I do know that the Savior lives. I know that Jesus Christ lives and loves us.
To our friends. We love you!! We are praying for you and we want you to know that you are not alone. May you feel the love of all of your friends and family in this difficult time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am so sorry for your friends' loss! Thank you for sharing, and for the reminder of what is most important. A second-grader at our school passed away last month, suddenly, as well. I didn't know the family but my heart ached. It is so tragic. Thank you for your example, Heather.
I am so sorry for their loss. I can't imagine anything harder. Thank you so much for sharing your testimony, Heather. No matter what, we always have the comfort of Heavenly Father's plan.
Amen, Heather. I'm so sorry for their loss. May they find peace during this extraordinarily difficult time.
Oh, Heather, I can't stop thinking about it. Thank you for doing this. We love them so much. They will be in our prayers for a long time. I can't imagine how heartbreaking this is. They are loved and have a lot of people praying for them.
I wonder if I also know them. I haven't heard anything...
But I'm so so so sorry for their loss. I can't think of anything more difficult. Our prayers are with them, too.
I just can't stop thinking of your post! I cannot imagine losing a child!!! I love your post and your testimony. They are so lucky to have a friend like you!
Thank you Heather. That was a beautiful testimony from you and beautiful messages from our Prophet and Apostles. My heart has been breaking for them since I heard the news, I can't imagine anything more difficult to endure. I am so grateful for the gospel! I can't imagine life without it. Thanks again!
I don't know who your friends are (maybe I do since Megan and Abbie do), but my heart is aching just reading this. Thanks for sharing about their faith and strength. And I pray that the Lord will continue to bless them with peace and comfort and help them to heal over time. Thank you for your sweet testimony and for sharing that beautiful video. I love that video as it has helped me to remember who to turn to to be able to endure some tragedies in my own family. What a blessing it is to have the gospel. Sometimes it is so hard to understand why things happen, but it is so comforting to know that the Lord knows us and He knows our sorrows and our needs.
Post a Comment