Tuesday, September 29, 2009

let the fall fun begin!!

The air is turning cool and crisp! The leaves are changing colors! Isn't Autumn just such a beautiful season? It must be the anticipation of the holidays ahead that makes everything feel so cozy and reflective.

Our boys definitely loving it! Dan told them that when all the leaves turn change colors and start to fall off the trees, it means its almost Halloween. So literally every morning Andrew runs to the window to check the colors of the leaves outside our windows. He can't stop asking if its time for Halloween yet. Is anyone else having this conversation at your house? :) Its so cute to see our kids eyes' light up when they talk about the approaching holidays.



This last weekend Andrew got pretty sick. He had a fever and a cough. He's doing a lot better now! The last few days have been spent inside the house recovering, so yesterday I thought we should do something to cheer him up. I decided we could put together a fall art collage. The boys were definitely excited to get some fresh air and a creative outlet. We went on a walk in our neighborhood and picked up anything that looked interesting to them. They got really into it. They didn't just stick with leaves, but went for the acorns , twigs and flowers too.




They were so happy with their work that they wanted me to hang their collage in their room. It occurred to me that this is the last school year that I will have all three with me, all day. On the one hand, Hallelujah! Ha ha ha...but on the other hand, it makes me kind of sad to think that they have to grow up and go to school. Even though its completely exhausting at times, being at home and taking care of these kids everyday is so awesome and satisfying. It took me a while to adjust and really love it, love it. But now that I do, I don't want it to end. I know there will be lots of great things ahead as they grow too but its so hard to even think about that. I just want to keep them in their little pint size little bodies forever! Know what I mean? Ahh...thanks for listening!! I have the best friends and family ever!!!

Soooo...a couple of weeks ago Forrest recently found my stash of Halloween costumes. I've kept all of the costumes since the boys were little. He still loves tigers so when he came across the Tigger costume (size 12 mo) he wouldn't let me hear the end of it until I let him try it on. 12 mo! I didn't think I would be able to get it past his knees, but we actually got it to fit...well, judge for yourself...he he he :P He is in heaven whenever he wears that costume! He runs around the house pretending to be a tiger. If baby Halloween costumes can provide this much entertainment, I'm considering investing in a little collection of them. I will have all kinds of embarrassing photos for his senior graduation dinner :)






Andrew and Adelaide have become such good friends! Adelaide adores watching him! One night Addy was getting grumpy so Andrew decided to try to make her laugh. He brought her his blanket and dinosaur and then he started talking to her. She loved it! She started giggling at everything he did. It was one of those moments where you think your heart might just burst! Our family would not be complete without little Adelaide. We all love her to pieces!!!

9 comments:

Lesley said...

Your children are not only incredibly beautiful, but their personalities are adorable too! Andrew LOOKS like he is only a year away from kindergarten! He is such a grown up, handsome little fellow! Addy looks more like him out of your two boys, huh?

And Forrest's round little face is something I could stare at forever. I bet he gets covered with kisses when family is around. If they can catch him!

You really do have such a wonderful family, Heather!

Jean said...

Awww, Andrew was making Adelaide giggle!! That is so precious!! My heart would have melted too. :-) And I know what you mean about wanting them to grow up, but not wanting them to grow up. It's so hard to see the babies be replaced by little kids!! I know I will miss it later, which is why I'm SO glad that I'm a SAHM and I get to spend so much time with Weston now.

Hooray for fall!!! (We're still eagerly awaiting its arrival in SoCal, haha!) I love the Tigger costume - that is so funny!

Tiff said...

I totally empathize. I was so excited for Malia to start pre-school this week... and then I dropped her off and cried the whole way home. Not because I can't handle 3 hours away from her - trust me, the "free time" part was awesome. But because it was officially a step into society without me.

Growing up.

It was hard.

The Kammeyers said...

We love the autumn season too! Yesterday was in the low 80's here in Utah and today is a welcoming 45 degrees. :) Looks like you've been having great fun with your kiddos! I'm sure they're loving it!

Wendi said...

I love fall too. The kids love it when we rake up a big pile of leaves so they can jump around in them. It was tough for me when Shannie went to kindergarten this year. I had to work really hard to not cry in front of her so she wouldn't be anxious about getting on the bus. I'm glad it will still be a while before Cameron and Julie are ready for that!

Chris J. said...

Your kids are SO BEAUTIFUL! I cannot get enough of Adelaide's cute smile!!! And all of them look just like you and Dan - I love it. Your family is so beautiful!!!

That Tigger costume is HILARIOUS!! I think I'm going to hit the clearance racks after Halloween and stock up on some dress-up clothes. :)

Sherrie said...

How adorable! All the news is refreshing to read in this time of turmoil and disillusionment.

Miss you guys - I'll try to call this afternoon and get an update on your visit yesterday with G/G Hindley.

Have a great day and give the kids hugs and kisses for me. I'm heading back to OR on Sunday - so I'll talk with you then for sure - cause it's boring driving by myself.

Later,

Mom

Wendi said...

You know, I NEVER pictured having a hard time sending my kids off to school, but already I feel I can relate.

Your kids are growing up way too fast. I hope you make it down to Utah next summer!

hilary w said...

I love what you said about Andrew HIGHLY anticipating Halloween. Jack is the same way! Every day he gets really excited and serious and says, "Guess wh-a-a-t...know what tomorrow is?? HALLOWEEN!" We've had to repeatedly dash his excitement and tell him, no it actually isn't! I can't wait for the night when I can say that he's right!

Your children are so beautiful! I love reading about Andrew and Adelaide, especially, because they are so close in age to Jack and Grace. I can't believe you handle another toddler on top of two kids! You deserve the break that kindergarten will bring!