Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Forrest turns 3!!

Forrest turned three years old on Sunday!!! He absolutely loved his new rocket pjs and insisted on wearing them right away. He's such a character!
Like many other little boys his age, he's obsessed with toys from the movie Cars. He got the hook up with plenty of new mini cars to add to his growing collection. He even lets Adelaide play with his Sally. Pretty generous huh? :)
Forrest is a big ice cream fan!! Sometimes I'll find him in the kitchen, standing on a chair scoping out the freezer looking for ice cream. So, it was only suiting to have ice cream sundaes for his birthday. I don't think he could of been happier about it!!
Daddy delivering the goods to the Happy Birthday song.
Big brother thinks Forrest's birthday means Christmas. Andrew was more than willing to help unwrap Forrest's presents...for a small fee...ie. world domination and toy re-distribution. (Liz, I totally know what you mean about the poor second brother...so true!)
Andrew's has made several "best friends" around the neighborhood lately in the form of bugs. The stink bug in this picture enjoyed a good two hour play date with Drew. He put him down on his roads, gave him rides on his cars and talked non-stop with him. Until he took a snack time break only to return and find Forrest had squished him. Ooops. That brought genuine tears for several days after-wards. Who would of thought it would lead to a gospel discussion about the spirit world. These boys are little sweeties.
Here's Addy on the fourth, ready to party. She's starting to hum and coo to us like crazy now. I have the hardest time getting a good smile picture though because the lag on our camera is sooo long. By the time the camera clicks, her hand is always in her mouth or she's looked away. I'll get a good one one of these days :)

Is it crazy to anyone else that we are half way though July? Maybe because I spend so much time managing these three little people that it doesn't feel like a long, lazy summer ;) Addy is starting to spend more time awake during the day which is super fun and ultra exhausting. She wants to be held, like all the time, so when she does take a nap I'm running around the house trying to get a million things done and play with the boys while I have my hands free. Having three littles 4 and under definitely has its challenges!!! Luckily, they are hilarious and super cute so it gets me through the moments of pure insanity.

I love checking your blogs out though so keep the great updates coming. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! My good intentions to stay well connected with all of you fall embarrassingly short. I appreciate your patience and your incredible generosity and goodness to me!!!! I learn so much from each of you. Your life really does touch mine for the better. THANK YOU!!!!

15 comments:

Metta said...

Your babies are really sweet, Heather. I am so happy that I get to read about them and see pictures! XOXO

Lesley said...

What a fun update!

Happy Birthday, Forrest! I can't believe you are THREE! You make it look like so much fun, little buddy! MMMM Sundaes!

Andrew and his stink bug is about the CUTEST thing I have ever heard. I love that he is not burning them with a magnifying glass. And that he talked to it! I just love picturing his little eyes crossing while he hold it up in front of his face. Did that ever happen? I can totally see it and it's so cute. :)

Addy is getting so old! She is a beauty.

Lisa said...

I loved the update!! Your kids are just too cute. I loved the part about world domination and toy redistribution :) :)

And Adelaide is so precious! She's so girly, I just love it :)

Megan and Jeremy said...

Happy Birthday Forrest!!! That top picture of him is so cute...he looks like he's sneaking a bite of ice cream or something else delicious...
I think Forrest and I would get along great, that ice cream sundae bar looks tempting.
Love, love, love the updates and pictures!

Abbie said...

He is so big! How oh how did this happen? I love that little guy! Happy Birthday!

And Drew and Addy are so so so cute! AHHHH, your family is adorable!

Maggie said...

Happy Birthday Forrest. Looks like an awesome Birthday party! Looks like a Heather party with all the add-ons and funness. Your little ones are adorable. I miss you, but I love to read your blog to stay updated and feel in touch! Thank you!!! Andrew and Dani I think would get along great with their little bug friends. We have had a sugar ant problem so we have been trying to kill them and caulk all the openings we find them coming in through. Well what we didn't know is that Dani watched and talked to them every morning from one little hole on the floor board. She broke down in tears the morning after Elias caulked up the hole and was worried about how they would get home because someone ruined their "front door"!

Liz Johnson said...

I loooove these updates!!! Your kids are so cute, Hea!!! I love Lesley's thought about Forrest crossing his eyes with the stink bug. Hahahahha! So cute. :)

Addy is so beautiful and SO BIG! I love her big eyes, like she's ready to take on the world. She's lucky to be in such a fabulous family. :)

Kristen said...

I love your posts! Happy Birthday Forrest! Your kids are too cute!

Jean said...

Wow, Forrest's birthday was AMAZING!! Oh my goodness, that sundae bar is heavenly!! It's making me a little hungry, hehe. Great photos and great updates as always. You guys are awesome!!

The Red Crew said...

Happy Birthday Forrest! What a cutie. OH how we miss your family. I am going to schedule a play date with you sooner than later. Emmett loves the water fountains down there, maybe we'll have to set up a day to meet there!! Addy is so precious and I can't believe I haven't met her yet. Hope to talk to you soon!

Marisa said...

Happy Birthday to Forrest! What a cute! In fact, all of your kids are cuties! I think ice cream sundaes are the best for birthdays, too. :-)

Wendi said...

I know what you mean about camera lag. I miss a ton of good shots because of that. These pics turned out super cute though.

hilary w said...

Happy Birthday, Forrest! It's crazy to me that I haven't even met two of your three kids. I can't believe we've been apart that long! :( Your children are so beautiful. I love reading about their adventures and about your sweet family.

Dustin & Kylee Nickerson said...

Hi Heather! I just found your blog with my mom's help, and wanted to let you know we have added you to keep up with your family! I love looking at the family blogs and love seeing what everyone is up to. Since our family is so big and spread out, its nice to have this medium to be able to get to know each other a bit. I just got back from a cruise where we stopped in Seattle and met Shelly. She is so warm and friendly and I just loved her! Drop us a line, and let us know how you are once in awhile and I will be sure to do the same!
XOXOXO,
Kylee (My mom is Kim Kite Robinson)

Kristalyn said...

You have beautiful children! You're lucky that Forrest likes Cars...Mason does too, but when he turned 3, all he wanted was BOLT paraphenilia...which was nowhere to be found. Everywhere I looked, all I saw was Cars stuff. :) It was fun to read about what you guys are doing.