Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween Wrap Up

We had a couple of fun weeks leading up to Halloween. The week before, we invited my dad to join us at Lee Farms to pick a couple pumpkins. We went with Josh, Kate and Sydney too :) The boys just loved seeing all the farm animals and enjoying the festivities there.

Drew just adored this tractor ride. He literally would squeal with excitement every few minutes!! We all couldn't help but laugh at his sweet, pure joy.

Forrest liked the turkeys. I started to explain that we have turkey for Thanksgiving, but then backed out. Maybe its better not to know that quite yet ;)

Here's Grandpa Brown holding the baby chicks for the boys to pet. They just loved having Grandpa there!! I would of thought that he would get tired keeping up with the boys, but he had as much energy as they did :)

This picture cannot, cannot convey how much Forrest loved the toddler hay maze and farm slide. He probably did this at least thirty times. Each trip was as new and exciting as the first!! My poor dad helped him every single time up the hey stack to ride the slide down. But my Dad never complained, in fact he laughed and cheered for Forrest every time he went down. What a trooper!!





The boys and I made some Halloween decorations for our windows. I did the cutting but they did coloring and pasting. It was so fun to have a full conversation with them about Halloween. The holidays just come alive with littles to share the special events with!!! :D



We went trick or treating with Aunt Kate, Uncle Josh and Sydney. We revisited Grandma and Grandpa Petersons' old neighborhood. The place was hoppin' as usual!! The whole neighborhood goes all out and the whole evening comes alive creativity and energy.

This was Dan's favorite house. They had a "patient" in surgery and you had to trick or treat out of a skeleton hand.

There was drama in the Forrest Halloween costume department. We bought a Halloween costume for him, a pumpkin, which he refused to wear so we took it back. We then tried several costumes over several weeks all ending with his utter disapproval. We gave up, except to let him where his super hero cape (courtesy of cousin Heidi :). Then, out of nowhere the week of Halloween he decides he wants to be a monkey. Not just any monkey, the same monkey he was last year. So, as you can tell, his monkey costume is about three inches too short on him, but it still fit and he was a very happy trick or treater. I guess he was a super monkey?!

It was so fun to spend the evening with the Rosenbergs. Sydney was sooo cute and happy the whole time. We're looking forward to doing this again next year!!

One of the sweetest moments of the evening came when we were all finished trick or treating and were inside drinking cider. The boys spread their loot all over the blanket to admire it all. Drew looked up with a huge smile and said, "This is the best Halloween ever!" We all just looked at each other and started laughing. It was a heart-warming moment :)

13 comments:

Jean said...

What a fun Halloween!! It sounds like it was a smash-hit for the boys!! They look like they had such a wonderful time at the farm. And their costumes are fabulous! I love that Forrest wanted to be a monkey again!

Liz Johnson said...

FUN!!!

I love that Forrest is wearing that cape in almost every picture. Hilarious! Your boys are so cute, and that last family picture is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sherrie said...

Heather,

Thanks for taking the time to update your blog! The information is fabulous (especially liked the captions) and the pictures made my night! Looks like Andrew got hair cut...he's starting to look like he could be going to school TOMORROW! Yikes - don't really want to rush that one. You're little family is really growing up. I second the notion of Liz that the family picture is beautiful. I could sure hug each of you right now and easily not let go until maybe New Years!?!?!?!

Thanks again for sharing.

Love Mom

P.S. Sydney is sure growing like a weed. I'm sure it's fun for the boys to have her and her parents so close they can play anytime.

Gotta Run! Love ya all!

Sherrie said...

I can't believe I forgot the most important comment! I love the boys in their costumes. Tell Andrew that he gets an A+ for his T-Rex/ptaradacytl???? and Forrest need to get an A+ for hanging in there and never giving up on the concept of The Tried and True theory.

Love Grandma Brown

Abbie said...

Those two little boys are the cutest! Oh my goodness! Forrest and Eli are twiners with the double costumes - two year olds are so funny. I'm so glad Drew had the best Halloween ever - that is so cute! I wish we could have gone trick or treating with you. YAY for Halloween.

Lisa said...

Oh man, your family is so adorable!! I just want to fly there and play with your boys for hours!!!

Marisa said...

How fun to go to the farm and make Halloween decorations with your boys!! I'm so excited to do those fun things with Brielle. You have such a cute family!!

The Qian Family said...

Very heartwarming! You are such a great mom, Heather!!

Emily said...

Looks like a lot of fun and I love that family pic at the end! Cider after trick-or-treating sounds perfect!

hilary w said...

What a fun halloween! I love that little Forrest had such an opinion about his costume! You think they aren't old enough to even care...but they sure do! Jack had a week where he refused to be anything but a cat. :)

Maggie said...

Heather...you and your Holiday decorations! Do you remember at BYU when you made that HUGE wall size turkey and we all had to write what we were thankful for on the feathers? I still think about that and every year I think I will do that for Danielle, I haven't yet, maybe this will be the year! I love the boys costumes and hearing all about your Halloween. I love keeping up with you on your blog and wish we were still close. I would take every opportunity to hang out with you adn this kids so you can rub all your goodness off on us! Thanks!

Maggie

Wendi said...

Super hero monkey, eh? I don't want to take anything away from Dan, but that is your boy through and through Heather--ha, ha!

The Kammeyers said...

Glad you guys had such fun! I love the pics of them sliding down the slide - the look of pure joy. :)

So, last night we got together with Wendi & Jason and it was so much fun reminiscing about old times! Wish you lived closer!

P.S. I'm LOVING the new blog background!