Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Its Update Time :D

One of the great advantages to neglecting our family blog for the last month and a half, is now I have lots of awesome blogging material to get caught up on :) He He He...

For starters,

We are expecting little Peterson #3, and we couldn't be more excited about it!! :)

It was a funny story how we found out. Dan and I went to the doctor's for routine physicals. The nurse attending suggested I take a pregnancy test to cover all our bases. I agreed to, but suspected nothing. Later, the doctor asked Dan and I if we thought we were expecting and we both said no, no at all. We really had no suspicions whatsoever. After our check-ups were done, and our labs were ordered, we left and that was that.

A few days later, I got online to check my lab reports for my blood work, and found I had a question about something so I emailed the doctor. At the end of the email I asked, in passing about the pregnancy test. Again, not because I suspected anything, but because I hadn't heard back yet either way. The doctor called me just a few hours later and said that he was in the course of answering my lab work question when he noticed the note from the nurse explaining a positive pregnancy test. He said he wanted to call and share the news himself which meant a lot to Dan and I. We were soooooo surprised and thrilled!!!!!!

I'm 11 weeks along and am due April 21. I've been super tired the last week or so and have had some morning sickness but overall I feel healthy.

In other wonderful news, Dan got a new job :) We are so happy about it because it will cut his 45 minute commute to work to about 5 minutes, so it will be a huge relief to have him closer. Not to mention, its a great opportunity for him and he's really looking forward to the work he'll be doing. Maybe I can convince him to come home for lunch every now and then too.

The boys are as cute as ever!! They are so excited about having a new baby coming. Andrew says almost everyday, "Mommy, the baby is growing." and then a few seconds later, "Mommy, Santa is coming." Somehow he's made the connection between the baby and Santa. Its pretty funny and makes me laugh every time. They already like to guess if its a boy or girl. Drew is convinced its a boy and Forrest thinks its a girl. We still have a while before we find out, but it will be fun to see who is right.

Sadly, last month, Dan's parents moved to Utah. We are super excited for the opportunities there for them, but miss them terribly. Whenever we drive somewhere new, the boys always think we are going to Grandma Peterson's house to visit. We wish we could spend the coming holidays with them, but are happy that there are so many Petersons in Utah now and they are having a blast there together!! Here's Forrest saying goodbye to Grandma Peterson. That was hard for us all.

My Dad is still working in Portland and my mom commutes back and forth between Utah and Oregon to visit. We love it when we can spend time with them too!! My mom loves to take the boys and I out on long scenic adventures in our area, and I've seen more of the beautiful Oregon countryside with her than I ever would of otherwise. Its been wonderful to have my parents so close. I know I'm really lucky.

My mom even took the boys and I up to Seattle recently to visit my sister and her adorable family a couple weeks ago. The boys had sooo much fun there, it was all they could talk about for days afterword. The boys loved helping Shelley take care of her yard and tomato plants. She is the coolest sister ever.



Before the Petersons moved, Grandma Peterson and Amy took the boys to the Portland Children's museum. And to say they had the time of their life, would be an understatement. Here are just a few of the things they had for the littles to do there. I've been getting requests for pictures of the boys from several family members. With the pregnancy just starting, I haven't been as good about getting the camera out for the day to day things. So, I'm grateful that I have these pictures to share or I would really be in trouble. ;) I put the explanations of the pictures below.

Forrest, my little artist, could not get enough of the face "painting." He insisted that I help him become a tiger. *(One of the boys' latest kicks right now is pretending to be a tigers/animals. If you are looking for a great book for boys about pretending to be animals, there's a real cute one called, I'm a Tiger Too by Marie-Louise Fitzpatrick, the boys have that book memorized.)

Its not a far cry to imagine that Andrew's favorite part of the museum was the dinosaur exhibit. Most particularly, these plastic dinosaurs. It was almost a cruel trick when we looked for these in the gift shop and they didn't sell them. Luckily, Grandma Peterson is amazing and went out of her way the next day to buy the boys some huge dinosaurs like these. They adore them.

The Children's Museum had a giant stage and amphitheater for the kids to freely use. There was a giant box of costumes and an open mic where kids could talk and sing. Boy, we we surprised to see Forrest, with all the confidence in the world, march up to that mic and start singing his little heart out. It was a priceless moment.

This little exhibit led to weeks of fascination with Bob the Builder. They insisted on checking out some books and dvds from the library and now they know the entire theme song and all the names of the tractors and characters. These little "kicks" keep life interesting for me :)

So, that's the latest with us :) I sure appreciate your patience with me as I've been a major blog slacker lately. Hopefully, the approaching second trimester will bring tons less nausea, more energy and MUCH better blogging!!! I sure love you all and enjoy keeping up with everyone!!!

18 comments:

Kristen said...

CONGRATS! How exciting! What a fun surprise!

Abby said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting! What a cool Children's museum too. I'm going to look up "I'm a Tiger Too". We have a favorite where a boy "turns into" several animals while at the hospital. It's so fun. "This is a Hospital, Not a Zoo" by Roberta Karim. I loved it when my dad was able to read it to them last year. I still think of how he did the voices and try to recreate them when I read it to the girls. How blessed you are to have grandparents close by!

Liz Johnson said...

FUN!!!! Your boys are so cute.

CONGRATULATIONS on the baby and the job!!! I am so, so, so, so, so excited for you. :)

Lisa said...

Yay, the Petersons are back!!! We have missed you in the blogging world :)

CONGRATS A MILLION TIMES on the baby and the job!!!!!!!!!!! You guys deserve all of these wonderful blessings!!!!

Abbie said...

YAYAYAYAY!!!!! I love this update. I cannot believe how big your boys look! Oh my goodness, Forrest is so big. He's not a baby at all - he's a big boy! Time for another baby!!! And Drew looks exactly like Dan! So cute.

I can't wait to meet Baby Peterson #3. 3 kids, Heather! That is a real deal. I'm so excited!

Seeing these pictures makes me want to come and help Shelley with her yard. She is so cool, and I love her hair.

Hea, I miss you. Thanks for the update. We're so excited for you and your growing belly!

Jean said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so so so so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait for your little Nugget #3. I love that the boys are excited too, and are trying to figure out if it's a boy or girl. I can't wait to find out either, hahaha!

GREAT pictures and GREAT update. I'm sad that the Petersons haved moved, but I'm so glad that Andrew and Forrest had the opportunity to grow so close to them while they were there. They'll be so excited to visit them in the future, I'm sure!! (We webcame with our fams... that's an option, if they miss their grandparents!) What a fun time at the Children's Museum. That place ROCKS!!! I wanna go now, haha!

Thanks for the update, Heather!! I hope you keep feeling well! Congrats again!! :-D

J&C Hale family said...

Congrats!! Hope the end of the nausea comes quickly and you can thoroughly enjoy your pregnancy. You are great parents! Congrats on the new job too. What fun blessings!

Brian, Laura, Felix & Ezra said...

Congrats, Heather & Dan!! Hooray for babies!!!
I hope you feel up to par soon. It's tough to mom while you're nauseous...
Drew and Forrest are getting so mature looking, and soo handsome!

Wendi said...

Congratulations!!! And you have an awesome due date (My bday!) I hope that you feel awesome soon!

Brooke said...

Congratulations and good luck with the pregnancy!

Emily said...

CONGRATS! What a great story about how you found out! That is crazy! We'll both have Spring babies! Can't wait to find out what you're having. And that is awesome about Dan's commute being cut down! As a former 45 minute commuter I know that saves a lot of stress/gas/$$/time with family that means a lot!

hilary w said...

Oh Heather I am so happy for all of your good news! Congratulations on your baby (I don't know from experience but I think a surprise baby would be so fun...Heavenly Father's way of saying you need another little one in your family!). I am so happy to hear about the good job switch for Dan. That will be nice to have him so close.

I'm bummed to hear your in-laws moved. It is so nice to have family nearby so at least you have your family!

I am so glad to hear an update from your family. I will be thinking of you and praying that you feel better super fast!

Unknown said...

Heather,

That day at the meuseum was awesome! I'm glad you and the boys enjoyed it! Me and mom had a great time too! :) We love and miss you!

Kristalyn said...

COngratulations!! How fun that you were totally surprised...I'm excited to hear how it goes as your pregnancy progresses! I'm so happy for you!

The Qian Family said...

Okay, I was hoping there was a good reason for your "slacking"! I've missed looking at updates but this is the BEST excuse ever!!! I am soooo excited for you and your family. You are seriously the best. You and Dan are great parents and I loved living next to you at Wymount. Our families have to vacation together someday! Thank you for your beautiful email. I will print it out and hang it in front of my computer. I will write you back privately but I wanted to tell you I got it and it meant more to me than you can know. thank you! Congratulations!!!!

Maggie said...

Congratulations Heather! I am so excited for you with the baby and the job! It has to be great to cut down on commute time. That is a great story on finding out that you are pregnant. The boys are adorable!

Natalie Francis said...

Congrats on baby #3 and Dan's new job!

Heidi said...

Congratulations on number 3! I am so sad I don't live across he street from you anymore so i could take your boys so you could take a nap! You were so sweet to help me out during my pregnancy. I can't wait to hear if you are going to be having another darling boy or little girl. Keep us posted!

Love the pictures of your boys, but I must confess Jackson made me scroll through them over and over. He misses his buddies!