Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Days are Just Packed

WE LOVE SUMMER!!!! Getting myself to sit still for long enough to put together a family blog post has been a challenge over the last couple of weeks. Here's a little glimpse into what we've been up to:

Across the street from where we live are beautiful city fountains. They are sparkling clean and maintained by the city for free use by the public. I'll make sure to bring our camera next time because this city picture just doesn't do them justice. There is a rock structure with waterfalls and a shallow river of water (only a couple inches deep) ideal for babies to sit and wade in. I can't even tell you how in love I am with the area where we live. Its been a practically perfect place for these little boys!!! Dan and I enjoy love it! The city parks are expansive and gorgeous, there's tons of free things to do and most things are built to accommodate toddlers, not to mention our awesome ward here!! Now if only we had the money to buy a gigantic neighborhood of houses so you could all come live closer!!!


The city also has a free trolley bus that takes you on a ride around the city. My friend Heidi told us about it so Kate and I joined her for a ride with our babes.(Carly--we'll have to do it together next time!) It was soo funny to see the difference between Andrew and Forrest. Forrest loved every second of it and was ready to get back on, Andrew was scared and only said it was cool, after we were done. Kate asked him if he wanted to go again and he said, "nope."

Dan loves playing with his little buddies everyday after work and really goes all out to make sure that they have a good time together. The boys ADORE him!! They are used to the idea that he goes to work everyday, but I can always count on them asking about him when afternoon rolls around. They can't stand too much time away from their favorite person in the whole world!!

Dan made this fort for the boys out of our couch cushions. Have I ever seen them happier? That's a hard question!

There are also fountains between the buildings where we live. The boys love getting their hands and feet wet there too.

My cousin Wendi sent our boys these dinosaur t-shirts she made (yes, she is an incredible artist!) and we have a hard time getting them to wear anything else :P



Hope you are all having a fantastic summer so far!!! Happy fourth of July in a couple days :D

9 comments:

Lesley said...

What handsome boys! I have to know what kind of camera you have -- those pictures (especially with Drew and the water!) are such beautiful quality!

It sounds like such a fun place to live!

Wendi said...

You're boys are SO cute! I love the shirts Wendi made too! Does she sell those?

Natalie Francis said...

I always knew Wendi was a talented artist!! I love the summer pictures of your boys. Oh, the joy family brings!

Jean said...

These pictures are sooooo cute!! I LOVE the fort that Dan made! Isn't it funny that a little confined space is SO COOL when you're a kid? I also think it's wonderful that you live by so many neat activities. What pretty fountains and trees!! I would just gaze at them all day, haha. :-)

Glad you're having a fun summer so far! Andrew and Forrest are so lucky to have such a fun mommy!!

Liz Johnson said...

FUN!!!! I'm so glad the weather is finally nice enough for you guys to enjoy!!!! Your boys are so darling. They make me ooze with "awwwwwwww....!!!!!"

Lisa said...

Oh ,an what a FUN summer! Okay, I officially want to move by you :)

Rebecca said...

Heather! I miss all of you! Can't wait to see the boys and catch up in just a couple weeks :)

Megan and Jeremy said...

Oh I've missed your posts Heather!! Sounds like such a fun place to live and if you do buy a bunch of houses I definitely want in :) Keep enjoying the summertime together!

Oh and I love your new layout-it's probably the cutest one I've seen! Where'd you find it?

Emily said...

Heather -
Thanks for the comment about finding a job! I hope something works out! I love your blog and I can't believe how grown up your boys are getting!