Blast from the Past
My Dad came over this morning to visit us. It was SO FUN seeing him again! He brought this for the boys:
My Dad came over this morning to visit us. It was SO FUN seeing him again! He brought this for the boys:
Flashback: My Dad went on a business trip to Boston when I was 10 years old. He brought this game back for me. I used to play it for hours when I was a kid!! I didn't even know they were still selling these! It was perfect in so many ways. For starters, the boys love learning about ocean animals, so you can imagine that we were all ready for some old school, vintage fishing fun!!
The fish rotate around in a circle. Their mouths open up and you try to get your line in before they close. Its challenging because you have to pull them out just right or they let go. My dad explained to the boys and I that he was getting Drew and Forrest ready to go fishing with him this Spring. He took my brothers fishing all growing up and still takes my nieces and nephew. Sounds like my boys are going to be able to join them very soon :)
8 comments:
I used to have that game and I LOVED it! I'm so glad your kids get to play it too!
I love those trays---so fun! And the rocking horse too. Our families are going to have to figure out a way to hang out one of these days. We miss you guys, but it is great to stay in touch through our blogs! Love ya!
Your little family is so cute! I love reading your updates. :) Hope you're having a great week!
The fishing game! Santa brought it to me when i was about 5 and we have pics of my cousins and I hovered around it with our little poles! haha! so fun. . .You guys are so cute!
That's so fun! I love it that toys don't have to be all high-tech and modern to be entertaining. How fun to see your dad, too!
Cute Update - just keep those pictures coming! You know Uncle Trent will have to keep looking over his shoulder if those boys start to pick up the fishing techniques so early. Both Trent and Tyson will have to work hard to stay ahead of Forrest and Drew as they get older.
Have a great day all! Love to everyone - Mom Brown
Heather, you are probably one of the best people I know! You're so cute with your kids and such a great example to us all. YAY! :)
Heather, I miss you so much. You are just the cutest person! I met someone in Reno who could be your twin. She is full of life and enthusiasm like you! Your kids are so cute and you are just a doll. Love you lots and miss you a ton! Becca
Post a Comment