Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mini-post: a spoonful of sugar...



Stacking wood doesn't usually make it our boys "top ten fun things to do list," that is, unless you are stacking wood with Daddy.  We've always wanted to teach the boys hard work but it can be a difficult concept for a little person to understand.  

Dan had the brilliant idea of turning what most likely would of been an hour long whining session into an hour long space game.  The boys had to hurry and build their space station before the aliens arrived.  Each log gave them points and to complete their mission.  They had a blast, almost running back to Dan for more wood.  And the best part is...Dan left the game completely opened ended...which means if there's ever more wood to be stacked, its very possible there could be more aliens on the way ;)

7 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

HAHAHA!!! I love it! That is so creative! And I love that you apparently have a fireplace for all of this wood... ahhh, so cozy!

Lesley said...

That makes ME want to stack wood!

I just read about a study that found if you tell a child to do something it will last on average 2 minutes. If you tell them to pretend to do something, it lasts on average 11 minutes!

I bet the researchers would find that if DAN tells a child to do something, and even does it along with them, it will last an hour!

I will take a Peterson Mini-post any day!

Wendi said...

Simply brilliant! I need to try and be more creative when I'm trying to get my kids to do their chores.

This is a good motivating post, and the pictures are so cute!

Abbie said...

Dan is a genius! Best idea. I want to come and defend against aliens too!

MORE MORE MORE blog posts!

Lisa said...

That is such a cute, SMART idea! What cute boys. I'm glad that they could fend off the aliens.

Megan and Jeremy said...

Yay! A Headle post :) Missed you guys!!!!

Jean said...

Hahaha!! What a great idea!! It's so hard to keep things fun all the time, but you guys are really good at it!!