Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Feeling thoughtful...

This picture I took of Andrew yesterday pretty much captures how I've been feeling over the last week.


We returned from a 32 hour+ road trip with three littles to Utah and back for my Grandpa's funeral and a visit to the Petersons.  Maybe I'll blog more about the trip itself a little later.  I'm feeling  little overwhelmed trying to write it all out.  I will share a few quick pictures...

I absolutely LOVED the tribute my Aunts put together of Grandpa!  I won't include all the pictures but I tried to capture it all...it was so neat to see how they thought about the little details of the things he loved to do.  He was is a great, great man!!!







 My Siblings:  Nate, Me (without make-up...I cried it all off :), Shelley and Trent at Grandpa Brown's funeral.

I'll try to write a little more about our trip once the kids and I can get back into our rhythm.  It was so great to see all the Browns--its been too long!!!  And to visit Dan's family there, they are wonderful!

Thanks for all your sincere love and support!!!
Love,
Hea

6 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

You look gorgeous, Hea! What a beautiful tribute to your Grandpa. And nuclear engineering?! That's cool!

Lisa said...

I agree, you're gorgeous with or without makeup! It's nice to see a picture of YOU finally.

And I'm glad that your grandpa was represented well. Good luck recovering on the sleep that you probably missed while you were away.

hilary w said...

What a sweet tribute. It choked me up! Life is such a wonderful thing...and each person's life story is so important and unique. He sounds like a great man. I'm sorry for your loss.

Lesley said...

I have never seen such a beautiful spread of mementos at a funeral before. I love that idea! I feel like I know some special things about him now.

I love the sibling picture.

Abbie said...

I miss you. A lot. Seeing you with your siblings makes me happy, but makes me homesick for you. I wish I could come over and we could write poetry and make cinnamon rolls.

That tribute is incredible! I loved that they included things like Skip-Bo and Chess. And all of those pictures. So beautiful!

Love you!

Wendi said...

I love all those things that told so much about your grandfather. It's really incredible. I'm sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing this with us!