The Dinosaur Kick...

I was naive enough to think that after a couple weeks, the boys' "dinosaur obsession" would die down a little. He, he he...I was mistaken :P The boys have shown me this week, that we are just now entering the age of dinosaurs!

An excerpt...
Forrest: Wah-tch Dunsore Nkt.
Me: Hmm? What's that Forrest?
Forrest: Wah-tch Dunsore Nkt!
Me: I'm sorry! (Scrunching nose and squinting eyes) Can you say that one more time?
Forrest: Wah-tch Dun-Sor Nckt!!
Me: Eee, I'm sorry little guy?! Drew, what does Forrest want?
Drew: Oh, he says he wants to watch the Dinosaurs Say Goodnight Movie.
Me: Forrest, you want Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
Forrest: (gleeful smile and exclaiming exuberantly): YES!!!
Me: Breathe a sigh of relief :P
Another Forrestism: Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, AH!!! (I'm not even kidding!!! That means "Where the Wild Things Are") :D
That explains the majority of my time around here, translating and reading, translating and playing, translating and putting on the "right" Scholastic video, translating and feeding these littles. :) Sign me up for Forrestese 101 please!
Lost in Translation
Recently, Forrest has been talking. A lot. Talking and jabbering so much that he mimics almost anything we say. Not only is he starting to express his strong opinions about things, but he vocalizes his little thoughts with such resolve and passion, that it becomes very disappointing to him when we don't understand what he's saying. So, what's a new mom to do? Turn to her expert toddler-translator Andrew, of course :)An excerpt...
Forrest: Wah-tch Dunsore Nkt.
Me: Hmm? What's that Forrest?
Forrest: Wah-tch Dunsore Nkt!
Me: I'm sorry! (Scrunching nose and squinting eyes) Can you say that one more time?
Forrest: Wah-tch Dun-Sor Nckt!!
Me: Eee, I'm sorry little guy?! Drew, what does Forrest want?
Drew: Oh, he says he wants to watch the Dinosaurs Say Goodnight Movie.
Me: Forrest, you want Dinosaurs Say Goodnight?
Forrest: (gleeful smile and exclaiming exuberantly): YES!!!
Me: Breathe a sigh of relief :P
Another Forrestism: Ah, Ah, Ah, Ah, AH!!! (I'm not even kidding!!! That means "Where the Wild Things Are") :D
That explains the majority of my time around here, translating and reading, translating and playing, translating and putting on the "right" Scholastic video, translating and feeding these littles. :) Sign me up for Forrestese 101 please!
8 comments:
That is SO CUTE. I wish I understood half of what comes out of Connor's mouth!
I love those dinosaur pics. SO CUTE!
How adorable! My favorite part is that Drew's got his back! Thanks goodness for a translator! And it just shows the special bond those bros have with each other.
So, did you cuteify those pictures yourself? They are great!
I can't imagine how frustrating that would be to know what you're saying but to not be understood!
I can't even say how cute it is that Drew understands Forrest!!!! I love it! Good thing toddlers speak the same language :) And that's fun they are both so into dino's at the same time.
Such a cute family Heather!!!
How fun! I love the extra dinosaurs in the pictures. :)
And we love the "How Do Dinosaurs..." books too! AND Where the Wild Things Are! Autumn used to say "and they gnash their terrible gnash" instead of "and they gnash their terrible teeth". I think she just liked the sound of the word "gnash". AND we LOVE all the Scholastic videos that are from books. Aren't those AWESOME?!
I've been wanting to ask you, do you actually put together lesson plans for the preschool stuff you're doing with your boys? Or do you have a book you refer to for ideas? Or both? :)
Oh thank you so much EVERYONE for the SWEET comments (I'm beaming :D Its so nice of you to stop in and say HI.
Lesley-I did edit those pictures myself. Thanks!! :)
Abby-Just to let you know, I do both. I have an AWESOME book that I highly recommend to every mom with preschoolers called, "The Complete Resource Book for Preschoolers" by Pam Schiller and Kay Hastings. Its awesome!! (I used it while teaching the preschool at the Y for a while--I recently bought my own copy and LOVE it!) The lessons are written for the classroom teacher, but can be easily adapted for home use. The key is that take as much or as little preparation as you'd like. They are very easy and low key.
I also research the unit/lessons on the internet, as well as get inspired to create my own lessons and adaptations.
You are sweet to ask! Thanks for taking an interest! Sorry to write an essay, I just love sharing all this "school" stuff. :D
Heather, will you email me or call me?? I have some school/preschooley type questions that would take up too much of comments! I can't find your email. Mine is abigailbhanson at gmail.
Abby-
I can't wait to talk with you soon :) I have such awesome friends!! That goes for all of you!
Oh my goodness that's adorable!! And I LOVE the baseball pictures :)
Post a Comment