We were sad to miss Swiss Days in Midway this year, especially because we were hoping to meet up with the Whites and the Waites there!! But we are also very grateful that we were able to spend this years Swiss Days in Oregon. We had a party with the Petersons. I put on some Swiss folk music and the boys had a great time dancing to it.
There was a local Oktoberfest here in Oregon last weekend. We were SO close to going but we decided that it was a little too far for the boys, so we plan on going to next year when our boys are a little older. I can't wait to dress our boys in lederhosen :) Dan says someday when we have a little "baby headle" we'll get her a little dirndl too. I'm planning on having our own little Oktoberfest here. We're going to watch the Sound of Music (one of my favorite movies!) and enjoy some tasty Racellete. If you've never tried Racellete before, let me warn you, its a little...okay a lot stinky...but also very köstlich (delicious) :)
How are you all doing? I would love to hear from you!! I am grateful for each of you and the great impact for good that you have on our lives. Our little family is so grateful for the examples of goodness and love that you show to us. Even though for many of us, email and blogging are the most practical way for us to keep up, we think of you often and are incredibly grateful for your friendships in our life.
I think I got the camera stuff worked out so hopefully we're back in business.

4 comments:
You guys look GREAT! I will be sending you an email with our update... nothing terribly exciting, but an update nonetheless.
Heather! I was wondering what happened to you guys! I just figured you were busy getting all settled into the great Northwest. I'm so glad you're up and blogging again, I've missed seeing pictures of you guys and hearing about what you're up to. I love that picture of you and Dan :)
Glad you at least got to have your own little swiss days. It looks like fun. Josh and I have a Melting Pot restaurant down the street from us and we want to go really bad! I love raclette too!
ps. We also found a picture of Drew a few days ago from Hawaii and had a good laugh. What a chubby little baby he was! He has grown up so much!
Post a Comment